304 Stainless Steel Grinding Media
Polished 304 Stainless Steel Grinding Media Balls
304 stainless steel is the most common type of stainless steel. 304 stainless steel grinding media balls have excellent corrosion resistance and abrasion resistance, and therefore have been widely used in many different grinding and milling applications. Choose between 1 mm - 50 mm in size for the stainless steel media.
General Description for 304 Stainless Steel Grinding Media
- Product No.: MSE-MM-304SS-SIZE
- Material: 304 Stainless Steel (316 stainless steel and chrome steel grinding balls are available)
- Ball diameters: 1mm/ 3mm/ 5mm/ 10mm/ 25mm/ 50mm (other sizes are available upon request)
- Density: 7.93g/cm3
- Hardness: ≤187HB, ≤90HRB, ≤200HV
- Grade: 1000 for bearing balls
- Abrasion resistance: good
- Suitable for: medium-hard, brittle samples
- Compatible grinding jars: 304 stainless steel jars
The difference between 316 and 304 stainless steel
Similar to 304 stainless steel, Grade 316 stainless steel has high amounts of chromium and nickel. A major difference between 304 and 316 stainless steel is the the amount of molybdenum (Mo) in the chemical composition, with 316 stainless steel containing 2 to 3 percent by weight of molybdenum vs only trace amounts found in 304 stainless steel. The higher molybdenum content results in grade 316 possessing increased corrosion resistance.
We Also Recommend