Technical Sales Engineer – Materials Labs (Flexible Time)
The Technical Sales Engineer – Materials Labs will be responsible for the daily field-based promotion of both standard and customized products within the MSE Supplies (www.msesupplies.com) product portfolio, including, but not limited to, developing and successfully executing growth initiatives in the designated geography. This is a flexible time position and you typically work in a home office environment.
- Sells the entire MSE Supplies product portfolio in accordance with the current MSE Supplies business strategy.
- Assumes overall territory ownership for sales to materials R&D labs, along with MSE Supplies North America sales director, by attending regional trade shows, team calls, and key account visits.
- Ensures effective communication to the MSE Supplies US headquarters.
- Closes sales on the more complex technical products, working in conjunction with headquarters product experts.
- Identifies and assists with converting competitor materials R&D lab products to offerings from MSE Supplies.
- Prospects and generates sales leads.
- Follow up and close current sales opportunities with perseverance.
Experience & Skills:
- Proactive mindset with strong bias for action, and drive to succeed in a complex, matrix environment
- Ability to excel individually and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative and persuasive interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and time management skills
- Practical, first-hand research and development laboratory experience
- Current or past laboratory experience in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- Sales experience is preferred but not required.
MSE Supplies LLC is a US-based leading supplier of high quality materials and equipment for materials research and production. With a broad customer base of universities, national labs, and technology companies, we serve scientists and engineers by providing technical recommendations and supplying the most relevant products to meet their specific R&D and production needs. Our products include rare earth chemicals and metals, Li-ion battery materials, ceramic sputtering targets, single crystals and substrates, milling equipment and accessories, FTO and ITO substrates, etc.
MSE Supplies is an equal opportunity employer. MSE Supplies will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please send your current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this challenging yet exciting part time job opportunity with MSE Supplies.