ScAlMgO4 Magnesium Aluminate Scandium Oxide (SAM) Substrate for GaN Epitaxy
ScAlMgO4 Magnesium Aluminate Scandium Oxide (SAM) Substrate
Magnesium Aluminate Scandium Oxide (ScAlMgO4), also known as SAM, is a promising substrate material for heteroepitaxial growth of GaN or ZnO. It is hexagonal with lattice constant a: 3.246 Å, c: 25.195 Å. With the smallest lattice mismatch with GaN (1.8%) and ZnO (0.09%), it is a much better substrate for the epitaxial of ZnO and GaN compare to sapphire and silicon. It is widely used as substrate for epitaxial growth, power devices, LED, and many other applications.
- Dimension: 50.8 +/- 0.5 mm (WA0281) / 5 mm x 10 mm (WA0282) / 10 mm x 10.5 mm (WA0283)
- Thickness: 350 +/- 25 um
- Primary Flat Location: A-axis (11-20)
- Primary Flat Length: 16 +/- 1 mm
- Orientation: (0001) C-plane
- Total Thickness Variation: ≤ 10 um
- Bow: 0 +/- 10 um
- Polishing: Front surface: Ra < 0.3 nm epi ready, Back surface: lapped
*The picture shown might be different from the actual product.
Customized ScAlMgO4 products can be made to meet customer's particular requirements and specifications.
- SIMS analysis of ZnO films co-doped with N and Ga by temperature gradient pulsed laser deposition. Applied surface science, 223(1-3), 206-209.
- Effect of growth temperature on the properties of GaN epitaxial films grown on magnesium aluminate scandium oxide substrates by pulsed laser deposition. Materials Letters, 183, 382-385.
We Also Recommend