MSE PRO 2 inch Aluminum Nitride AlN Template on Sapphire (0001) Semi-Insulating Type
Brand: MSE PRO™
- Product SKU#: Single Side Polished - WA0101, Double Side Polished- WA0102
- Conductivity type: Semi-insulating undoped AlN
- Substrate: Sapphire, 430 +/- 25 um thickness
- Dimension: diameter 50.8 mm +/- 0.1 mm
AlN Growth Method: HVPE
- Thickness of AlN layer: 4 ~ 5 um (4000~5000 nm)
- Edge Exclusion: < 2 mm
- Usable Area: >90%
- Orientation: C plane (0001) +/- 1 degree
- Total Thickness Variation (TTV): <15 um
- Crystallinity: XRD FWHM of (0002) < 350 arcsec, XRD FWHM of (10-12) < 450 arcsec
- Dislocation Density: the screw dislocation density is ~5.5 x 10^7 /cm2, the edge dislocation density is ~1.8 x 10^9 /cm2
- Surface Roughness Ra <5 nm (10 um x 10 um area)
- Substrate Structure: Sapphire (0001), C plane
- Substrate Flat: (1-100), 16.0 +/- 1 mm
- Polishing: Single side polished (SSP) is standard. Double-side polished (DSP) is available upon request.
- Package: The aluminum nitride template on sapphire substrate wafer is packaged in a class 100 clean room environment, in cassettes of 25 pcs or single wafer containers, under nitrogen atmosphere.
Research publications that cited the use of MSE Supplies AlN template product.
David Arto Laleyan, Kelsey Mengle, Songrui Zhao, Yongjie Wang, Emmanouil Kioupakis, and Zetian Mi, "Effect of growth temperature on the structural and optical properties of few-layer hexagonal boron nitride by molecular beam epitaxy," Opt. Express 26, 23031-23039 (2018)
To confirm such a theoretical prediction, we compared the PL emission of h-BN with AlN, a direct bandgap semiconductor with similar energy bandgap values. Shown in Fig. 5(a) are the PL spectra of h-BN grown by plasma-assisted MBE (Sample C) and a commercial AlN epilayer sample (~4 um thick, MSE Supplies LLC) measured under the same conditions at room temperature.
S. Jublot-Leclerca, G. Bouhalia, F. Palliera, A. Declémy, "Temperature dependence of elastic strain and damage build-up in He implanted AlN", Journal of the European Ceramic Society, Volume 41, Issue 1, January 2021, Pages 259-267
An epitaxial 4–5 μm-thick layer provided by MSE supplies LLC.
The elastic strain build-up and damage induced by 50 keV He implantation at RT and 550 °C into (0001)AlN were studied using a combination of XRD experiments, XRD simulation, and TEM experiments. Evidence for strong dynamic annealing with efficient point defect recombination is reported at RT. The point defect recombination is found to be enhanced with increasing implantation temperature where He concentration is low, indicating increased mobility of interstitial-type defects and resulting in low strain. A reversed effect is observed for He concentration exceeding 5 at.% (3 at.%) at RT (550 °C) : thermally activated mechanisms related to the nucleation and growth of He-V complexes overcome the point defect recombination and promote the strain and damage build-up. At 1 × 1017 cm−2, only clusters of interstitials are observed at RT, whilst bubbles and basal stacking faults are additionally formed at 550 °C for a critical He concentration estimated to be close to 4–6 at.%.
We Also Recommend
MSE PRO 4 Inch Single Wafer Carrier Case (Pack of 10), Polypropylene, Cleanroom Class 100 Grade