Magnesium Fluoride, MgF2 99.99% 4N High Purity Powder
1 kg Magnesium Fluoride, MgF2, 99.99% 4N High Purity Powder
- Product Number: PO4702 (250 g), PO4701 (1 kg)
- Formula: MgF2
- CAS Number: 7783-40-6
- Molecular Weight: 62.3 g/mol
- Density: 3.15 g/cm³ at 25°C
- Melting Point: 1263°C
- Color: white powder
- Solubility: In water 0.13 g/L @ 25°C
- Purity: 99.99% 4N (trace metal basis), Fe ~ 2.0 ppm, Mn ~ 0.7 ppm, other metal impurities are below the detection limit on ICP-OES
- Loss on ignition (LOI): 0.09%
MgF2 (Magnesium Fluoride, Magnesium Difluoride) high purity (99.99%) powder is used in ceramics, glass, crystal growth, optics, and in optical coatings. MgF2 is transparent over a wide range of wavelengths (120nm to 8µm).
Notes: More detailed product information including SDS, certificate of analysis (COA), lead time and volume pricing are available upon request.
H.K. Chen, Y.Y. Jie, and L. Chang. Oxidation Characteristics of MgF2 in air at high Temperature. IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 170 012035, 2017.C. Sugiura, W. Konishi, S. Shoji, and S. Kojima. Fluorine Kα X-Ray Emission Spectra of MgF2, CaF2, SrF2 and BaF2. J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. Vol. (59 (11), Pgs. 4049 – 4043, 1990.
We Also Recommend