Magnesium Fluoride, MgF2 99.99% 4N High Purity Powder
1 kg Magnesium Fluoride, MgF2, 99.99% 4N High Purity Powder
- Product Number: PO4701 (1 kg)
- Formula: MgF2
- CAS Number: 7783-40-6
- Molecular Weight: 62.3 g/mol
- Density: 3.15 g/cm³ at 25°C
- Melting Point: 1263°C
- Color: white powder
- Solubility: In water 0.13 g/L @ 25°C
- Purity: 99.99% 4N (trace metal basis), Fe ~ 2.0 ppm, Mn ~ 0.7 ppm, other metal impurities are below the detection limit on ICP-OES
- Loss on ignition (LOI): 0.09%
MgF2 (Magnesium Fluoride, Magnesium Difluoride) high purity (99.99%) powder is used in ceramics, glass, crystal growth, optics, and in optical coatings. MgF2 is transparent over a wide range of wavelengths (120nm to 8µm).
Notes: More detailed product information including SDS, certificate of analysis (COA), lead time and volume pricing are available upon request.
ReferencesC. Sugiura, W. Konishi, S. Shoji, and S. Kojima. Fluorine Kα X-Ray Emission Spectra of MgF2, CaF2, SrF2 and BaF2. J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. Vol. (59 (11), Pgs. 4049 – 4043, 1990.