Barium Metaphosphate Ba(PO3)2 Powder 99.999% 5N, 1 kg
Barium Metaphosphate, Ba(PO3)2, 5N Powder, 99.999% (Metal Basis) High Purity Powder
- CAS Number: 13762-83-9
- Product Number: PO1501
- Product Purity: 5N, 99.999% (trace metals basis based on ICP analysis)
- Fe ~ 1.3 ppm
- other transition metals: below detection limit
- Chemical Formula: Ba(PO3)2
- Formula Weight: 295.27 g/mol
- Form: Powder
- Melting Point: 1560°C
- Solubility: insoluble in water, slightly soluble in aqueous acid
- Barium metaphosphate powder is an inorganic powder with the molecular formula Ba(PO3)2. It is a colourless solid that is insoluble in water. A number of hydrated forms are known which are actually cyclic metaphosphates, Ba2(P4O12) • 3.5H2O, Ba3(P3O9)2 • 6H2O.
The combination of sodium and barium polyphosphate forms a low-melting glass with a high coefficient of thermal expansion. The melting point of the glass increases with barium content. This glass makes seals with low melting metals like aluminium (melting point 650°C). Normal borosilicate glasses soften above the melting point of aluminium. This mixture is prepared by heating a mixture of diammonium phosphate, sodium carbonate, and barium carbonate.