Barium Metaphosphate Ba(PO3)2 Powder 99.995% 4N5, 1 kg
Barium Metaphosphate, Ba(PO3)2, 4N5 Powder, 99.995% (Metal Basis) High Purity Powder
- CAS Number: 13762-83-9
- Product Number: PO1502
- Product Purity: 4N5, 99.995% (trace metals basis based on ICP analysis)
- Fe ~ 1.75 ppm
- Cr ~ 0.006 ppm
- Other transition metals: below detection limit
- Chemical Formula: Ba(PO3)2
- Formula Weight: 295.27 g/mol
- Form: Powder
- Melting Point: 1560 °C
- Solubility: insoluble in water, slightly soluble in aqueous acid
- Barium metaphosphate powder is an inorganic powder with the molecular formula Ba(PO3)2. It is a colorless solid that is insoluble in water. A number of hydrated forms are known which are actually cyclic metaphosphates, Ba2(P4O12) • 3.5H2O, Ba3(P3O9)2 • 6H2O.
The combination of sodium and barium polyphosphate forms a low-melting glass with a high coefficient of thermal expansion. The melting point of the glass increases with barium content. This glass makes seals with low melting metals like aluminium (melting point 650 °C). Normal borosilicate glasses soften above the melting point of aluminium. This mixture is prepared by heating a mixture of diammonium phosphate, sodium carbonate, and barium carbonate.
We Also Recommend