2 inch Undoped N-type GaN 4 um Gallium Nitride Template on Sapphire (0001)
2 inch GaN Templates on Sapphire (0001), N-type (undoped), 4 um GaN on Sapphire, SSP or DSP
Part No: WA0201 for SSP sapphire substrate, WA0208 for DSP sapphire substrate
- Conductivity type: N-Type (undoped)
- Dimension: 50.8 +/- 0.1 mm (2 inch diameter)
- Sapphire Substrate Thickness: 430 +/- 25 um
- GaN Thickness: 4 +/- 0.5 um
- Useable area: >90%
- Orientation: C plane (0001) +/- 0.5 deg
- Orientation Flat: (1-100) +/- 0.5 deg, 16.0 +/- 1.0 mm
- Secondary Orientation flat: (11-20) +/- 3 deg, 8.0 +/- 1.0 mm
- Total Thickness Variation: <15 um
- Resistivity (300K): < 0.5 Ohm-cm
- Dislocation Density: < 5x10^8 cm-2
- Doping Concentration: < 5x1017 cm-3
- Electron Mobility: ~300 cm^2/(Vs)
- Polishing: single side polished (SSP) or double side polished (DSP).
- Package: packaged in a class 100 clean room environment in single wafer containers.
Title: Exciton fine structure in undoped GaN epitaxial films
Phys. Rev. B 53, 16543 Published 15 June 1996
We report on photoluminescence experiments on hexagonal GaN epitaxial films grown by hydride and organometallic vapor phase epitaxy on sapphire and 6H-SiC. At low temperatures we observe free and bound exciton recombinations, which allow us to establish the free-exciton binding energy and the localization energies of the excitons bound to neutral donors in undoped films. We demonstrate that the energetic positions of the excitonic recombination lines depend on the layer thickness and the substrate materials on which the layer was deposited. The influence of strain on the valence-band splittings can be quantified when observing the free-exciton transitions onto the different valence bands. The experimental results are compared to a theoretical calculation using a first-principle total-energy pseudopotential method within the local-density formalism. We present evidence for the existence of two shallow donors in GaN. One of them most likely stems from an intrinsic defect.