100 ml Stainless Steel Vacuum Planetary Milling Jar - 304 Grade
Specifications for Stainless Steel Vacuum Grinding Jars
- Vacuum grinding jars are designed for milling and grinding operations either in vacuum or under inert gas. Vacuum grinding jars are used primarily with materials that are at risk of oxidization during the grinding process. The strong seal prevents oxygen, water, and other airborne contaminants from interacting with the contents of the jar.
- Grade 304 is the most widely used austenite steel, also known as 18/8 for its composition of 18% chromium and 8% nickel. 304 may be referred to as A2 stainless (not to be confused with A2 grade steel, also named Tool steel, a steel).
- Grinding jars are used in the fields of Metallurgy, Electronics, Construction Material, Ceramics, Chemical Engineering, Light Industry, Medicine, Environmental Protection, Paint, Ink, Geology and so on.
- Each jar set includes grinding jar, jar lid, and silicon vacuum sealing gasket.
- Volume reduction: please note that due to the extra volume of the stainless steel vacuum shell, grinding jars will only fit in planetary mills with a larger holder size. For example, a 50 ml vacuum jar can only fit into a 100 ml planetary ball mill.
Note: 316 stainless steel is also available upon request, for more information contact us at email@example.com today.
Features of Stainless Steel Vacuum Grinding Jars
Item No.: JV0302
Material: stainless steel (Fe-Cr-Ni)
Grinding Jar Volume: 100 ml
Max Loading Capacity: 2/3 capacity of the grinding jar
Density: 8.0 g/cm3
Main Chemical Compositions: Fe (70.6~67.4%), Cr (17~19%), Ni (8~10%)
Hardness: 187 HB
Attachments: lid & silicon sealing gasket
Abrasion Resistance: fairly good
Suitable for: medium-hard, brittle samples
Choice of Grinding Jars & Grinding Balls
In order to prevent excessive abrasion, the hardness of the grinding jars used and of the grinding balls must be higher than that of the material used. Normally, grinding jars and grinding balls of the same material should be chosen.
Grinding Jar Ball Configurations
|Grinding Jar Volume||100 ml||250 ml||500 ml|
|Compatible Ball Weight||150 g||375 g||750 g|
|5 mm (0.52 g/pc)||58 pcs|
|10 mm (4.15 g/pc)||17 pcs||37 pcs||73 pcs|
|15 mm (14.00 g/pc)||8 pcs||15 pcs|