1" (25.4 mm) Diameter Heating (up to 500 °C) Pellet Pressing Die Set
1" (25.4 mm) Diameter Heating Pellet Pressing Die Set
The 1" diameter heating pellet pressing die set uses pressure to compress powder into 1" pellets. The die is made from high quality, high hardness carbon steel, which ensures a successful compression of both ceramic and metal powders into pellet form. The pressing die can be heated up to 500 °C with a heating rate of 5-10 ℃/min.
The heating pellet pressing die set is ideal for pressing the powders which are sensitive to temperature, such as polymer, resin and easy phase transition chemicals. Additional uses for laboratory pellets can be found in the battery research, minerals, ceramic, or pharmaceutical industries.
The cooling stage is optional with additional cost. We also have heating pressing dies which can be heated up to 300 °C available at lower cost. Other diameters or geometries are customizable upon request.
In order to grind the desired materials into the correct granularity of powder (from millimeters to microns), we recommend using either our powder processing ball milling products & accessories or our agate mortar & pestle sets.
We don't recommend to use this pressing die set to press particle with size of 100 microns or smaller. Small particles may slip into the gap of the die parts and damages the sleeve during the compression. MSE Supplies is not responsible for the damage caused by improper use.
- Product #: PR0150
- Set Includes: pressing die, heating unit and temperature controller
- Core Diameter (M): 1" (25.4 mm)
- Heating range: 0-500 °C
- Core Depth (N): 45 mm
- Dimensions (LxH): 90x138 mm
- Pressing Force: maximum 39 metric Ton at room temperature (reduced to 19T when heated)
- Pressing Pressure: Less than 800 MPa (116 kPSI) is recommended, maximum 1200 MPa (174 kPSI)
- Rockwell Hardness: Rc 60-62
- Material: Hardened alloy steel, AISI D2 tool steel, equivalent to JIS SKD11 steel or GB Cr12MoV steel or DIN.EN 1.2379 steel
- Power supply: 220V/300W
Pressing Die Set Pressing Force and Pressure Conversion