Metkon Bench-top Geological Precision Thin Section Cutting and Grinding Machine GEOFORM 102
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
MSE Supplies offers a Bench-top Geological Precision Thin Section Cutting and Grinding Machine GEOFORM 102 from Metkon Instrument Inc. GEOFORM 102 is specially designed to cut and thin sectioning of petrographic specimens. It can cut and grind down to 30 microns or less depending on the hardness of the material (because mineralogical specimens usually contain hard and soft phases). It has a large cutting compartment like a benchtop cutting machine. There is a T-table inside the cutting chamber, which is movable on the Y-axis direction from the front and back. Possibility to mount different type of clamping devices on the T-table for cutting large and irregular shaped rocks, minerals, concrete, glass, ceramics, refractory and other geological samples.
Country of Origin: Made in Turkey
Manufacturer: Metkon Instruments Inc.
- Completely closed cutting and grinding compartment with transparent cover and magnetic safety switch
- For fast and precise material removal of petrographic thin sections
- Programmable with 7" HMI touch screen control with PLC control unit
- Electronic micrometer for precise grinding off material from the sample on the slide
- For diamond cutting wheels up to 250 mm in diameter
- With variable wheel speed 500-2000 rpm
- Vacuum chuck to hold a variety of slide dimensions
- Separate cutting and grinding compartments
- Plexiglas protection cover for both grinding and cutting compartments
- Movable T-slotted clamping table made of stainless steel in the cutting compartment
- Ability to fix several clamping tools on the T-slotted table
- Powerful LED illumination for both cutting and grinding compartment
- Corrosion-free aluminum cast base
- Ability to connect directly city water or recirculating coolant tank
- Complete and ready for operation
|Cutting Wheel Speed, (rpm)
|Grinding Stone Speed, (rpm)
|Cutting Wheel Dia., (mm)
|Grinding Wheel Dia., (mm)
|7" HMI Touch Screen
|Recirculating Tank (Optional), (lt)
|Motor Power, (HP) (W)
|230 V, 50/60 Hz. 1 ph.
- Cooling Systems
- Power Supply Transformer kit for 115 V, 50/60 Hz. 1 ph.
- Vacuum Pump
- Fixture for Mounting Specimens to Glass Slider for Thin Sectioning
- Spare Part Kit
- Other Accessories
- Diamond Cutting Discs
- Diamond Cup Grinding Wheels for Thin Sectioning
- Glass Slides For Thin Sectioning
For accessories and consumables, please contact us so we can help you choose appropriate products for your needs
About Metkon: Since 1993, METKON as a young and dynamic company, had delivered more than 20,000 instruments globally. Metkon provides innovative Sample Preparation and Testing Instruments and Consumables for Materials and Microstructure Analysis. It offers expertise and know-how to our customers worldwide to enable them to reach the "True and Excellent Sample".
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor for Metkon Instrument Inc.