Menu
4 inch High Purity (Undoped) Silicon Carbide Wafers Semi-Insulating SiC Substrates - MSE Supplies LLC

4 inch High Purity (Undoped) Silicon Carbide Wafers Semi-Insulating SiC Substrates (HPSI)

To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.

Specification:

Grade Production Grade Research Grade Dummy Grade
Diameter 100.0 mm +/- 0.5 mm
Thickness 500 um +/- 25 um
Wafer Orientation On axis: <0001> +/- 0.5 deg On axis: <0001> +/- 2.0 deg
Micropipe Density for 95% of Wafers (MPD) ≤ 1 cm-2 ≤ 5 cm-2 ≤ 15 cm-2
Electrical Resistivity ≥ 1E7 ≥ 1E6 ≥ 1E5
Dopant Undoped
Primary Flat  Orientation {11-20} +/- 5.0 deg
Primary Flat Length 32.5 mm +/- 3.0 mm
Secondary Flat Length 18.0 mm +/- 2.0 mm
Secondary Flat Orientation Silicon face up: 90 deg CW from primary flat +/- 5.0 deg
Edge Exclusion 3 mm
LTV/TTV/Bow/Warp 3 um /10 um / ±30 um /40 um (Production Grade and Research Grade)
5 um /15 um /  ±40 um /45 um (Dummy Grade)
Surface Roughness C-face: Polished
Si-face: CMP
Cracks (inspected by high intensity light) None None None
Hex Plates (inspected by high intensity light*) None None Cumulative area 10%
Polytype Areas (inspected by high intensity light*) Cumulative area 5% Cumulative area 5% Cumulative area 10%
Scratches (inspected by high intensity light) ≤ 5 scratches and cumulative length ≤ 150 mm ≤ 10 scratches and cumulative length ≤ 200 mm
Edge Chipping None permitted ≥ 0.5 mm width and depth 2 allowed, ≤ 1 mm width and depth 5 allowed, ≤ 5 mm width and depth
Surface Contamination (inspected by high intensity light) None

PROPERTIES OF SILICON CARBIDE CRYSTAL MATERIALS

Property

4H-SiC Single Crystal

Lattice Parameters (Å)

a=3.076

c=10.053

Stacking Sequence

ABCB

Density

3.21

Mohs Hardness

~9.2

Thermal Expansion Coefficient (CTE) (/K)

4-5 x 10-6

Refraction Index @750 nm

no = 2.61

ne = 2.66

Dielectric Constant

c ~ 9.66

Doping Type

Undoped Semi-insulating

Thermal Conductivity (W/cm-K @298 K)

(Semi-insulating type)

a~4.9

c~3.9

 

Band-gap (eV)

3.23

Break-Down Electrical Field (V/cm)

3-5 x 106

Saturation Drift Velocity (m/s)

2.0 x 105

Wafer and Substrate Sizes

Wafers: 4, 6 inch; other sizes are available and can be custom-made upon request

Product Grades

A Grade Production grade (MPD 1 cm-2)

B Grade Research grade (MPD 5 cm-2)

C Grade Dummy grade (MPD 15 cm-2)

 

Price

MSE Supplies offers the best price on the market for high quality SiC wafers and SiC crystal substrates up to six (6) inch diameter. Our price matching policy guarantees you the best price for the SiC crystal products with comparable specifications. CONTACT US today to get your quote.

Customization

Customized SiC crystal products can be made to meet customer's particular requirements and specifications. Epi-wafers can be custom made upon request.