Nisco Encapsulation Unit VAR-V1 for Microbeads, Microspheres and Microparticles
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
MSE Supplies offers a Nisco Encapsulation Unit VAR-V1 for the production of microbeads/microspheres/microparticles. The VAR-V1 system for producing microbeads works on the principle of "electrostatic technology" (an electrostatic force to pull droplets from a needle tip into a gelling bath). The Nisco Instrument is designed for research and production of small quantities of spherical alginate beads ranging in size from 200 to 2400 μm. It is best suited for the generation of microbeads using matrices, where gelling is based on interfacial coacervation. It is also used for applications involving immobilization of living cells or other biological materials, where the bead size needs to be small and carefully controlled because of diffusion limitations of nutrients within hydrogel beads. Bead size will be dependent on the following parameters: voltage, distance between the needle tip and gelling bath, solution viscosity, flow rate of the solution and needle diameter.
All parts in contact with the product can be autoclaved. The alginate (or other) solution may be fed into the unit with a syringe, using a syringe pump. The magnetic stirrer is placed underneath the gelling bath to keep the beads separated during gelling (syringe, pump and stirrer are not included).
We also offer Encapsulation Unit based on other principles (Jet Cutting, Electro Magnetic, Air Dynamically Driven, Dripping by Gravity, etc.) Please contact us for more information.
Country of Origin: Made in Switzerland
Manufacturer: Nisco Engineering AG
Standard Equipment for the System:
- Encapsulation Unit VAR-V1
- 4 standard matrix encapsulation nozzles with inner diameter between 0.09mm and 0.7mm
- One autoclavable needle holder
- One electrical safety cage
- Electrodes with holes
- Peristaltic pump
- Cole-Parmer Single-Syringe Infusion Pump
- Electrostatic accelerator
- Sharpened matrix encapsulation nozzles with chromium plated bodies all available sizes
- Sharpened matrix encapsulation nozzles with bodies in 316L all available sizes
- Coaxial core shell encapsulation nozzles all available sizes
- Additional arm
- Pressurized Flask complete with pressure reducing station
- 10 nozzle head
- Coaxial nozzles for VAR-V1-Stainless Steel AINSI 304, with id/ID=0.09/0.4, 0.11/0.7, 0.15/0.5, 0.25/0.5, 0.2/0.6, 0.25/0.75 and 0.35/0.8 (id: inner diameter of the inner nozzle. ID: inner diameter of the outer nozzle).
|Power Supply||120-240 V, 50 to 60 Hz, automatically adjusting by a standard PC cable|
|Voltage Between Needle Tip and Solution (kV)||0-10|
|Dimensions (mm)||~380x270x480 (Depends on accessories and layout)|
|Weight (kg)||~15 (Depends on accessories)|
|Standard Deviation of the Bead Diameters||3-6%|
|Nozzle Inner Diameter (mm)||0.09/0.70|
|Microbead Size (μm)||200 to 2400|
|Productivity (capsules/minute)||~2,400 per nozzle|
|Warranty||One year after delivery|
For more detailed technical data, click here.
About Nisco: Nisco Engineering AG combines know-how in sterile design and process engineering to fulfil the increasing requirements of the customers. The company offers and delivers engineering, development and services for pharma- and biotechnological equipment and plants. Nisco Engineering develops, manufactures and distributes worldwide encapsulation equipment to generate monodisperse beads under cGMP conform conditions.
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor for Nisco Engineering AG in North America.