Nisco Encapsulation Unit VAR-J1 for Matrix Encapsulation of Microbeads
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
MSE Supplies offers a Nisco Encapsulation Unit VAR-J1 for matrix encapsulation of microbeads/microspheres/microparticles production. The VAR-J1 system for producing microbeads works on the principle of "Coaxial airflow driven technology". The unit can be sterilized and is delivered with a sterile air filter in case that sterility is required. The encapsulation unit is best suited for the generation of microbeads using matrices, where gelling is based on interfacial coacervation.
The basic principle of the instrument is the use of a coaxial air stream to pull droplets from a needle tip into the gelling bath before they would fall due to gravity. The Nisco
VAR-J1 Unit is designed for production of smaller quantities of spherical alginate
beads ranging in size down to around 500μm.
The bead generator with coaxial airflow is basically made of Polyetheretherketone
(PEEK) and can withstand most chemicals and high temperatures, which makes the
unit very suitable for any disinfecting/cleaning method, typically autoclave cleaning. The alginate (or other) solution may be fed into the unit with a syringe, using a syringe pump. The magnetic stirrer is placed underneath the gelling bath to keep the beads separated during gelling (syringe, pump and stirrer are not included).
We also offer Encapsulation Unit based on other principles (Jet Cutting, Electro Magnetic, Air Dynamically Driven, Dripping by Gravity, etc.) Please contact us for more information.
Country of Origin: Made in Switzerland
Manufacturer: Nisco Engineering AG
Standard Equipment for the System:
- Encapsulation Unit VAR-J1 for matrix encapsulation
- Flow Control Unit with needle valve
- Stainless Steel Support for VAR-J1
- Beaker, agitator and agitation element for hardening
- Support for Syringe Pump (PET)
- Syringe Pump Cole Parmer Single Syringe
- Hose material if feeding system is not scope of supply
- Set of 5 standard nozzles for VAR-J1-Stainless Steel AINSI 316L, inner diameter 0.4mm, outer diameter 0.7mm
- Bag of 5 transparent flat gaskets silicone
- Bag of 5 red gaskets (silicone molded) holding the needle
- Flow Control Unit with thermal mass flow meter
- Pressurized Flask (100mL) complete with pressure reducing station and support
- Set of 5 special needles for VAR-J1-Stainless Steel AINSI 304, inner diameter 0.17, outer diameter 0.35
- Set of 5 special needles for VAR-J1-Stainless Steel AINSI 304, inner diameter 0.25, outer diameter 0.5
- Sterile Filter
- Adapter M5 Luer Lock,
|Dimensions (mm)||~380x270x480 (Depends on accessories and layout)|
|Weight (kg)||~15 (Depends on accessories)|
|Nozzle Inner Diameter (mm)||0.17-0.4|
|Microbead Size (μm)||Down to ~500|
|Warranty||One year after delivery|
For more detailed technical data, click here.
About Nisco: Nisco Engineering AG combines know-how in sterile design and process engineering to fulfil the increasing requirements of the customers. The company offers and delivers engineering, development and services for pharma- and biotechnological equipment and plants. Nisco Engineering develops, manufactures and distributes worldwide encapsulation equipment to generate monodisperse beads under cGMP conform conditions.
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor for Nisco Engineering AG in North America.