GeS2, Germanium (IV) Disulfide Powder, >99.99% Purity, 325 Mesh
Product Number (SKU#): PO2001
MSE Supplies 99.99% 4N high purity Germanium Disulfide (Germanium Sulfide), GeS2 Powder is less than 325 mesh size (D50 < 10 um). GeS2 is typically used for Li10GeP2S12 synthesis and other germanium-containing solid state electrolyte materials. GeS2 is also commonly used to make chalcogenide glass.
- Product number: PO2001
- Composition: GeS2
- Molecular weight: 136.75 g/mol
- CAS number: 12025-34-2
- Purity: > 99.99% (trace metal basis)
- Density: 2.94 g/cm3
- Meting point: 840°C, 1110 K, 1540°F
- Boiling point: 1530°C
- Crystal structure: Monoclinic, mP36
- Solubility in water: 0.45 g/100 mL
- Soluble in liquid ammonia
- Particle size: pass 325 mesh sieve (< 45 um), can be directly mixed with other precursor materials to make solid state electrolyte
- Product form: light grey, off white powder
- Product packaged under N2.
Applications: GeS2 powder is commonly used as a precursor material for sulfide based solid state electrolyte materials used in advanced lithium batteries (all-solid-state batteries, lithium-sulfur batteries, etc.). In addition, GeS2 is also used in electronic materials, catalysts, and optical materials.
XRD spectrum of the GeS2 Powder
Powder processing equipment: GLOVE BOX HIGH ENERGY VERTICAL PLANETARY BALL MILL FOR BATTERY MATERIALS PROCESSING
- Zhi Deng, Yifei Mo and Shyue Ping Ong, Computational studies of solid-state alkali conduction in rechargeable alkali-ion batteries, NPG Asia Materials (2016) 8, e254; doi:10.1038/am.2016.7
- Yuki Kato et al. High-power all-solid-state batteries using sulfide superionic conductors, Nature Energy (2016). download pdf from the above link
- S Adams and RP Rao, Structural requirements for fast lithium ion migration in Li10GeP2S12, J. Mater. Chem., 2012,22, 7687-7691, DOI: 10.1039/C2JM16688G
- Yifei Mo, Shyue Ping Ong, and Gerbrand Ceder, First Principles Study of the Li10GeP2S12 Lithium Super Ionic Conductor Material, Chem. Mater., 2012, 24 (1), pp 1517, DOI: 10.1021/cm203303y
- Lingzi Sang, Richard. Haasch, Andrew A. Gewirth, and Ralph G. Nuzzo, Evolution at the Solid Electrolyte/Gold Electrode Interface during Lithium Deposition and Stripping, Chem. Mater., 2017, 29 (7), pp 30293037
DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.7b00034 (download PDF) LGPS powder used in this study was supplied by MSE Supplies.
- Improving Cell Resistance and Cycle Life with Solvate-Coated Thiophosphate Solid Electrolytes in Lithium Batteries, Maria A. Philip, Patrick T. Sullivan, Ruixian Zhang, Griffin A. Wooley, Stephanie A. Kohn, and Andrew A. Gewirth, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2019 11 (2), 2014-2021, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.8b16116
Solid electrolytes open doors to solid-state batteries
We Also Recommend