AmpceraTM Argyrodite Li6PS5Cl Sulfide Solid Electrolyte, Pass 150 Mesh (Below 100 um) Coarse Powder
Ampcera™ Sulfide Solid Electrolyte Argyrodite Type Li6PS5Cl Coarse Powder, Pass 150 Mesh (<100 um)
If you need more than 200 grams, please contact Ampcera Inc. (email@example.com) directly for bulk pricing.
Manufacturer: Ampcera Inc.
Product Number: PO0123
Composition: : Li6PS5Cl (LPSCl)
Theoretical Density: 1.64 g/cm3
Material Type: Argyrodite, Li-argyrodite crystalline phase, Lithium phosphorus sulfur chloride (LPSCl)
Purity: synthesized from >99.9% precursor materials
Product Form: light yellow color powder
Particle Size: Pass 150 mesh sieve (<100 µm). This coarse powder gives you the control on the final powder size that you would like to reach by milling. Hexane can be used as the solvent for wet milling. Ball milling equipment and accessories are available from MSE Supplies.
Ionic Conductivity: up to >3 x 10-3 S/cm (3 mS/cm) at room temperature (25 °C)
Electronic Conductivity: ~1 x 10-6 S/cm at room temperature (25 °C)
Wide electrochemical stability window: from 0 to 7 V vs. Lithium (Ref. S. Boulineau, et al., Solid State Ionics, 221 (2012) P1-5.)
Applications: Solid state electrolyte material for all solid state lithium ion batteries. Cathode electrolyte (catholyte).
Storage and Cautions: Water sensitive. Store and operate in a dry environment, preferably in a glove box.
About Argyrodite solid electrolyte:
Argyrodites, Li6PS5X (X = Cl, Br), are considered to be among the most promising solid-state electrolytes for solid-state batteries. Argyrodite-type crystalline materials, such as Li6PS5Cl, are promising solid electrolytes for all-solid-state lithium-ion batteries because of their high ionic conductivity (up to > 3 mS/cm at room temperature), good processability, and excellent electrochemical stability (> 7V vs lithium). With its proprietary technology, Ampcera Inc. is the first company in the world that has successfully commercialized the Argyrodite-type Li6PS5Cl solid electrolyte material with a production capacity of more than one metric ton per year. Please contact us for bulk order discount. Customized processing is also available to meet the technical specifications requested by customers.
* All the solid state electrolyte materials sold by MSE Supplies are under the trademark of Ampcera.
- Sylvain Boulineau, Matthieu Courty, Jean-Marie Tarascon, Virginie Viallet, Mechanochemical synthesis of Li-argyrodite Li6PS5X (X = Cl, Br, I) as sulfur-based solid electrolytes for all solid state batteries application, Solid State Ionics, Volume 221, 3 August 2012, Pages 1-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssi.2012.06.008
Interface Stability of Argyrodite Li6PS5Cl toward LiCoO2, LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2, and LiMn2O4 in Bulk All-Solid-State Batteries
Jérémie Auvergniot, Alice Cassel, Jean-Bernard Ledeuil, Virginie Viallet, Vincent Seznec, and Rémi Dedryvère, Chemistry of Materials 2017 29 (9), 3883-3890, DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.6b04990
- Zhi Deng, Yifei Mo and Shyue Ping Ong, Computational studies of solid-state alkali conduction in rechargeable alkali-ion batteries, NPG Asia Materials (2016) 8, e254; doi:10.1038/am.2016.7
- Yu, C., Ganapathy, S., Hageman, J., van Eijck, L., van Eck, E., Zhang, L., Wagemaker, M. (2018). Facile Synthesis toward the Optimal Structure-Conductivity Characteristics of the Argyrodite Li6PS5Cl Solid-State Electrolyte. ACS applied materials & interfaces, 10(39), 3329633306. doi:10.1021/acsami.8b07476
- Yuki Kato et al. High-power all-solid-state batteries using sulfide superionic conductors, Nature Energy (2016). download pdf from the above link
- R. P. Rao, S. Adams, Studies of lithium argyrodite solid electrolytes for all‐solid‐state batteries, physica status solidi (a) – applications and materials science, Volume 208, Issue 8, August 2011, Pages 1804-1807
- Heng Wang, Chuang Yu, Swapna Ganapathy, Ernst R.H. van Eck, Lambert van Eijck and Marnix Wagemaker, A lithium argyrodite Li6PS5Cl0.5Br0.5 electrolyte with improved bulk and interfacial conductivity, Journal of Power Sources, 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2018.11.029, 412, (29-36), (2019).
- Qing Zhang, Daxian Cao, Yi Ma, Avi Natan, Peter Aurora and Hongli Zhu, Sulfide‐Based Solid‐State Electrolytes: Synthesis, Stability, and Potential for All‐Solid‐State Batteries, Advanced Materials, 31, 44, (2019).
- Parvin Adeli, J. David Bazak, Kern Ho Park, Ivan Kochetkov, Ashfia Huq, Gillian R. Goward and Linda F. Nazar, Boosting Solid‐State Diffusivity and Conductivity in Lithium Superionic Argyrodites by Halide Substitution, Angewandte Chemie, 131, 26, (8773-8778), (2019).
We Also Recommend