100 mm SCHOTT N-BK7 Glass Wafer, 500 um Thick, DSP, w/ Bevel, Primary Flat Only
SCHOTT N-BK7 is a borosilicate high purity clear optical glass which has unique features such as: excellent optical quality, uniform transmission in visible wave range, free of bubbles and inclusions and very high refractive index homogeneity. It is widely used for optical applications, such as crowns, windows, lenses, prisms, sensor-technology use and substrates for mirror and filter coatings.
Order 100mm SCHOTT N-BK7 glass wafers with the best price on the market from a trusted materials science supplier, MSE Supplies.
- Custom made SCHOTT N-BK7 glass wafers, substrates and windows are available upon request. Please contact us for a quote.
- Corning Fused Silica 7980 High Purity Fused Silica (HPFS) and JGS1/JGS2 Fused Silica wafers, windows and substrates are also available and can be custom made. Please contact us for a quote.
Product Number: WA1301
Material: SCHOTT N-BK7 borosilicate glass
Grade: Optical Grade
Diameter: 100 +/- 0.1 mm
Thickness: 500 +/- 25 um
Bow < 30 um
Surface Polishing: Double Side Polished (DSP) with surface roughness Ra < 1 nm on both the top surface and bottom surface
Surface Finish: S/D 60/40, Top side Ra <1nm, Backside Ra <1nm
Physical Properties of BK7
- Density: 2,51 g/cm3
- Refractive index: 1.52
- Young's modulus E: 82 x 103 N/mm2
- Poisson's ratio μ: 0,206
- Knoop hardness HK0,1/20: 610
- Coefficient of expansion:
- 7,1 x10-6/K (-30 °C to +70 °C)
- 8,3 x10-6/K (+20 °C to +300 °C)
- Softening Point (107,6 dPa): 719 °C
- Annealing Point (1013 dPa): 557 °C
- Transformation temperature Tg: 557 °C
- Thermal conductivity: 1,114 W/(m x K)
- Specific heat capacity: 0,858 J/(g x K)
(20 °C; 100°C)