Starting from $120 per sample, MSE Analytical Services offer professional X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy Analytical Service using PANalytical Axios XRF instrument.
* Note: Data analysis service is not included in the list price.
Highlights: High Quality Data, Competitive Pricing, Technical Support by Scientists.
Before shipping samples to us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the SDS and confirm the sample requirements. This will help to avoid unnecessary delays in sample processing.
XRF (X-ray fluorescence) is a non-destructive analytical technique used to determine the elemental composition of materials. XRF analyzers determine the chemistry of a sample by measuring the fluorescent (or secondary) X-ray emitted from a sample when it is excited by a primary X-ray source. Each of the elements present in a sample produces a set of characteristic fluorescent X-rays ("a fingerprint") that is unique for that specific element, which is why XRF spectroscopy is an excellent technology for qualitative and quantitative analysis of material composition.
The X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy analysis service process:
1. A solid or a liquid sample is irradiated with high energy X-rays from a controlled X-ray tube.
2. When an atom in the sample is struck with an X-ray of sufficient energy (greater than the atoms K or L shell binding energy), an electron from one of the atoms inner orbital shells is dislodged.
3. The atom regains stability, filling the vacancy left in the inner orbital shell with an electron from one of the atoms higher energy orbital shells.
4. The electron drops to the lower energy state by releasing a fluorescent X-ray. The energy of this X-ray is equal to the specific difference in energy between two quantum states of the electron. The measurement of this energy is the basis of XRF analysis services.
Typical applications are: wide range calibration for low alloy, ferritic and austenitic steels, wide range calibration of Al alloys, wide range calibration of titanium alloys, analysis of low alloy steels, analysis of stainless steels, analysis of tool steels, analysis of cast iron and analysis of iron ore samples prepared as fused beads.