DSP-507 FAST Field Assisted / SPS / DCS Sintering Press
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
DSP-507 FAST/SPS/DCS Sintering Press Made in Germany by Dr. Fritsch
- suitable for research and development as well as production
- high productivity due to short cycle times
- economical due to vacuum (20 mbar) and inert gas system (up to 5 % H2)
- pressing force 22 - 259 kN
- total electric power approx. 85 kVA
- process documentation by PC control system IPA-NT
- electronic stroke measuring
- extended pressing force range: 3 - 28 and 22 - 259 kN
- temperature measuring with pyrometer up to 2,400°C, higher on request
- high temperature with pyrometer measurement, 28 - 330 kN
- larger graphite electrodes
- insulation of the vacuum chamber with graphite felt
- manual thermocouple box with 2 – 6-fold control
- active suction
- UPS ("uninterrupted power supply“) for the PLC
- barcode reader with handheld scanner incl. adjustment
- wax and drop trap for protecting the vacuum pump
- measuring and recording of secondary voltage, current and / or vacuum
- fine vacuum 5x10-2 mbar
- machine and control cabinet lighting
Unique Features of DSP-507
The DSP-507 is very versatile machine. It provides the possibility to sinter small and relatively large parts with a pressing force of up to 25.9 Ton (259 kN) on a surface of up to 200 x 200 mm. Considering its compact footprint, the DSP-507 has got one of the biggest sintering chambers and hydraulic cylinders of all lab machines in the market. In fact, some customers use this machine even for production.
Working temperature is up to 2400°C without time limitation. If sintering temperatures of up to 3000°C are required in future, the machine can be retrofitted easily by changing the pyrometer and software. The machine can be operated with vacuum (20 mbar) and inert gas. The transformer has got four tappings which allow to adjust the electrical power in four steps from 3V (= 26,000 A) up to 4.5V (= 17,500 A).
About Dr. Fristch FAST / SPS / DCS machines
Field Assisted Sintering Technology (FAST) , also known as Spark plasma sintering (SPS), or Direct Current Sintering (DCS), is an innovative sintering technique, which has been increasingly used to sinter a variety of materials with nano-sized grains and superior properties.
Dr. Fritsch is the market leader in field assisted sintering (FAST) / SPS / DCS furnaces and presses. More than 1,000 FAST sinter presses have been installed at research universities and companies worldwide. In fact, Dr. Fritsch produces more FAST / SPS / DCS sintering presses per year than all other manufacturers combined!
The main characteristic of Dr. Fritsch FAST press / SPS / DCS furnace is that the continuous high density electric current directly passes through the graphite die, as well as the powder compact, in case of conductive samples. Joule heating has been found to play a dominant role in the densification of powder compacts, which results in achieving near theoretical density at lower sintering temperature compared to conventional sintering techniques. The heat generation is internal, in contrast to the conventional hot pressing, where the heat is provided by external heating elements. This facilitates a very high heating or cooling rate (up to 1000 K/min), hence the sintering process generally is very fast (within a few minutes). The general speed of the process ensures it has the potential of densifying powders with nanosize or nanostructure while avoiding coarsening which accompanies standard densification routes. This has made SPS a good method for preparation of ceramics based on nanoparticles with enhanced physical properties.
MSE Supplies LLC is the designated distributor of Dr. Fritsch Sintering Presses in the United States.
All customer services are provided by MSE Supplies and all spare parts and accessories are shipped from the USA, which keeps the cost low and delivery fast for the customers of Dr. Fritsch FAST / SPS / DCS presses and furnaces.