AmpceraTM LLZO Nano-Powder Ta-Doped Lithium Lanthanum Zirconate Garnet, 500nm
Ampcera™ LLZO Nano Powder, Ta-doped, Li6.4La3Zr1.4Ta0.6O12, Tantalum Doped Lithium Lanthanum Zirconate Garnet Powder, Solid State Electrolyte for Advanced Lithium Batteries, 100g, 400 to 600nm D50
- Product Number: PO0106
- Vendor: Ampcera
- Composition: Li6.4La3Zr1.4Ta0.6O12 (Ta-doped LLZO, LLZTO), Tantalum doped Lithium Lanthanum Zirconate Garnet
- Theoretical Density: 5.5 g/cm3
- Particle Size: D50 = 400 nm ~ 600 nm
- Purity: synthesized from >99.9% precursor materials
- Phase: cubic phase, garnet structure
- Calcination temperature: ~1000°C
- Bulk Ionic Conductivity: 5~10 x 10-4 S/cm at room temperature
- Product Form: Nano Powder / Sub-micron Powder
Solid state electrolyte material for all solid state lithium ion batteries. Tantalum doped LLZO, with nominal composition Li6.4La3Zr1.4Ta0.6O12 (Ta-doped LLZO), is used as a solid electrolyte material for Li-based batteries because of its high Lithium ionic conductivity and chemical stability with respect to lithium as well as its stability at elevated temperatures. Because of its better electrochemical stability, LLZO is preferred than LLTO as a solid electrolyte material.
* All solid state electrolyte materials sold by MSE Supplies are under the trademark of Ampcera.
- Jeffrey W. Fergus, Ceramic and polymeric solid electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 195, Issue 15, 1 August 2010, Pages 45544569; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2010.01.076
- Zhi Deng, Yifei Mo and Shyue Ping Ong, Computational studies of solid-state alkali conduction in rechargeable alkali-ion batteries, NPG Asia Materials (2016) 8, e254; doi:10.1038/am.2016.7
- Seungho Yu, Robert D. Schmidt, Regina Garcia-Mendez, Erik Herbert, Nancy J. Dudney, Jeffrey B. Wolfenstine, Jeff Sakamoto, and Donald J. Siegel, Elastic Properties of the Solid Electrolyte Li7La3Zr2O12 (LLZO), Chem. Mater., 2016, 28 (1), pp 197206. DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.5b03854
- Jiajia Tan and Ashutosh Tiwari, Synthesis of Cubic Phase Li7La3Zr2O12 Electrolyte for Solid-State Lithium-Ion Batteries, Electrochem. Solid-State Lett. 2012 volume 15, issue 3, A37-A39. doi: 10.1149/2.003203esl
- X. Han, et. al., Negating interfacial impedance in garnet-based solid-state Li metal batteries, Nature Materials volume 16, pages 572579 (2017)
- Yutao Li, Jian-Tao Han, Chang- An Wang, Hui Xie and John B. Goodenough, Optimizing Li+ conductivity in a garnet framework, J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 15357-15361; DOI: 10.1039/C2JM31413D.
Solid electrolytes open doors to solid-state batteries