MSE PRO Lithium Iron Phosphate LiFePO4 LFP Cathode Powder 500g
Lithium Iron Phosphate, LiFePO4 (LFP) Powder, 500g, 1.5um D50, Cathode Material
Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4), also known as LFP, is a cathode material used in lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries. Its primary applications are electric vehicles (EV) and distributed energy storage. Most Li-ion used in consumer electronics products use other cathode materials, such as lithium cobalt oxide (LiCoO2) and lithium manganese oxide (LiMn2O4) and lithium nickel oxide (LiNiO2). The anodes are generally made of carbon, such as natural graphite and MCMB Mesocarbon Microbeads Synthetic Graphite.
LFP powder is coated by carbon for use in lithium ion batteries as the cathode material. Carbon-coated lithium iron phosphate (C-LiFePO4) powders have been produced at the commercial scale by a controlled solid-state reaction method.
Product SKU#: PO0127
Package Size: 500g
- CAS Number: 15365-14-7
- Molecular Formula: LiFePO4
- Formula Weight: 157.76 g/mol
- Chemical Name: Lithium Iron Phosphate
- Particle size distribution:
- D10: 0.55 µm
- D50: 1.5 µm
- D90: 6.0 µm
- Chemical composition (wt%)
|C (%)||1.3 - 1.5|
- Tap density: 0.8 +/- 0.2 g/cm3
- BET Specific Surface Area (SSA): 10 ~ 14 m2/g (typical value 11.7 m2/g)
- pH = 9.5 +/- 1.0
- Moisture: < 1000 ppm (typical value ~700 ppm)
- Refractive index n: 1.65 - 1.70
- Electrical resistance: <100 Ohm.cm (typical value 7.23)
- First discharge efficiency (0.1C): >95% (typical value 97.6%)
- First capacity (0.1C): >154 mAh/g
- Carbon coated on the surface.
Physical and chemical properties of LFP batteries:
LFP batteries have an operating voltage of 3.3V, energy density of 170 mAh/g, high power density, long cycle life and stability at high temperatures.
We Also Recommend
Ampcera® Argyrodite Li6PS5Cl Sulfide Solid Electrolyte, Pass 325 mesh (D50 ~ 1 um) Ultra Fine Powder
MSE PRO Porous Nickel Foam (300 mm L x 200 mm W x 1.6 mm T) for Battery and Supercapacitor Research