GVS PCTE Membrane Sheet
Buy GVS products from MSE Supplies at the best value.
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor of GVS
GVS PCTE Membrane is made from a thin, microporous polycarbonate film material.
It is ideally suited for use in blood assays and high-purity and general filtration.
Though polycarbonate is hydrophobic, the membrane is treated with a wetting agent to make it hydrophilic.
The PCTE membrane is manufactured by GVS using a two-stage production process that applies high quality standards.
This unique process allows greater control over pore size and density to ensure that the physical properties of each membrane precisely match your specifications.
The resulting membrane is a thin, translucent, microporous polycarbonate film with a smooth, flat surface. All particles larger than pore size are captured on its surface. It is ideal for use when collecting samples for blood tests or for high purity, general purpose filtration.
- Absolute pore size and density: provides flow control for liquids moving through the membrane capturing 100 percent of cells larger than pore size.
- Smooth, thin, glass-like surface: planar surface makes it ideal for particle identification by microscopy.
- Superior strength: tensile strength of 207 bar (> 3000 psi) maintains pore size and density, and will not stretch.
- Low extractables: ensures tests will be clean promoting consistent results.
- Negligible absorption/adsorption: maximizes critical solution recovery.
- Available as hydrophilic or hydrophobic: allows for a wide range of product applications.
- Flow control of reagents through assay
- General Filtration
- Precise filtration and prefiltration
- Removal of red blood cells from plasma
GVS was founded in 1979 and is headquartered out of Bologna, Italy. GVS has a rich history of responsible innovation and a commitment to a future in which good health is a universally reachable target. In over 40 years of history, GVS has evolved from a supplier of components for the healthcare sector to a global group that produces highly technological diversified filtration solutions.
In the Healthcare & Life Sciences area, the GVS plants operate with ISO 13485 certifications and are compliant with the European Guide to Good Manufacturing Practice. Many of the products in this division have the CE certification, are registered with FDA in the United States or have registrations for the specific countries where the group operates.
We Also Recommend