GVS Extracto Vacuum Filters
GVS Extracto Vacuum Filters are designed specifically for the filtration of culture media and organic solvents in research and industrial laboratories. It’s purpose-built with features designed to bring the highest levels of performance and purity to your research.
A variety of membrane types and membrane areas are for choice that offer a wide applicability range for the separation and purification of most liquid samples to meet different laboratory needs.
All the products are sterile and manufactured with high-quality material [Acrilonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), Polypropylene (PP), or Polystyrene (GPPS)] and by proven techniques, which assure they work under pressure and still hold integrity.
Extracto Product Characteristics
- Available with 5 membrane types (PVDF, PES, MCE, Nylon and CA).
- 3 membrane pore sizes of 0.10µm, 0.22µm and 0.45µm.
- 4 volumes size of 150, 250, 500 and 1000ml.
- Light weight and heavy wall construction.
- Large knurls on the reservoir bottle cap for easy screw.
- Designed wide and easy access bottle mouth for efficiently and stably pour out.
- Engraved graduation ensure veracity.
- Ergonomically designed sidewalls and collar can simplify tightening /loosening and adjustments.
- Designed hose connector can fit multiplicate hose diameters.
- Gamma irradiation sterilized.
- Filtration of culture media
- Filtration of aqueous solutions
- Filtration of large volume samples
- Sterilization and clarification
- Filtration of buffer for Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Filtration of chemistry solutions
MCE (Mixed Cellulose Ester)
By the mixture of nitrocellulose and cellulose acetate, hydrophilic, chemical compatibility, low protein adsorption. The use temperature can not be higher than 40°C, the optimum pH range is 3-6. For particle analysis, particle removal, biochemical analysis, HPLC sample preparation for general media, and aqueous solutions. Can not be used to filter ethanol and alkaline solution.
Providing a broad range of chemical compatibility of the filtration of either aqueous or organic solvents, hydrophilic, can be used in a broad pH range.
PVDF (Polyvinylidene fluoride)
Extremely low protein-binding, for filtration of non-aggressive aqueous and mild organic solutions, or where maximizing protein recovery is important.
Low-affinity for proteins and extractable with substantially faster flow rates than PVDF; suitable for pre-filtration and filtration of buffers and culture media.
Extremely strong chemically resistant and is compatible with various sterilizing methods; ideal for gas and inorganic or organic samples in aggressive environments.
CA (Cellulose Acetate) & SFCA (Surfactant-Free Cellulose Acetate)
Lowest binding material available, it is hydrophilic with high throughput strength and dimension stability; uniform pore structure.
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor of GVS Filter Technology products.
GVS was founded in 1979 and is headquartered out of Bologna, Italy. GVS has a rich history of responsible innovation and a commitment to a future in which good health is a universally reachable target. In over 40 years of history, GVS has evolved from a supplier of components for the healthcare sector to a global group that produces highly technological diversified filtration solutions.
In the Healthcare & Life Sciences area, the GVS plants operate with ISO 13485 certifications and are compliant with the European Guide to Good Manufacturing Practice. Many of the products in this division have the CE certification, are registered with FDA in the United States or have registrations for the specific countries where the group operates.