MSP-5 FAST Field Assisted / SPS / DCS Sintering Press
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
MSP-5 FAST (field assisted) / SPS / DCS Sintering Press Made in Germany by Dr. Fritsch
- FAST/SPS sintering of metal and cermaic bonds by precise control of temperature, pressure, stroke and time
- electronic stroke measuring
- high productivity due to short cycle times
- economical due to vacuum (20 mbar) and inert gas system (up to 5 % H2)
- pressing force 500 - 5000 kN
- total electric power approx. 420 kV
- process documentation by PC control system IPA-NT
- normal temperature with pyrometer measurement
- high temperature with pyrometer measurement
- temperature measuring with pyrometer up to 2,400°C, optionally up to 3,000°C
- triple control to manual thermocouple box
- three additional thermocouple sockets for display
- barcode reader with handheld scanner incl. adjustment
- active suction
- UPS ("uninterrupted power supply“) for the PLC
- insulation of the vacuum chamber with graphite felt
- larger graphite electrodes
- fine vacuum 5x10-2 mbar
- wax and drop trap for protecting the vacuum pump
- measuring and recording of secondary voltage, current and / or vacuum
- machine and control cabinet lighting
Field Assisted Sintering Technology (FAST) , also known as Spark plasma sintering (SPS), or Direct Current Sintering (DCS), is an innovative sintering technique, which has been increasingly used to sinter a variety of materials with nano-sized grains and superior properties.
Dr. Fritsch is the market leader in field assisted sintering (FAST) / SPS / DCS furnaces and presses. More than 1,000 FAST sinter presses have been installed at research universities and companies worldwide. In fact, Dr. Fritsch produces more FAST / SPS / DCS sintering presses per year than all other manufacturers combined!
The main characteristic of Dr. Fritsch FAST press / SPS / DCS furnace is that the continuous high density electric current directly passes through the graphite die, as well as the powder compact, in case of conductive samples. Joule heating has been found to play a dominant role in the densification of powder compacts, which results in achieving near theoretical density at lower sintering temperature compared to conventional sintering techniques. The heat generation is internal, in contrast to the conventional hot pressing, where the heat is provided by external heating elements. This facilitates a very high heating or cooling rate (up to 1000 K/min), hence the sintering process generally is very fast (within a few minutes). The general speed of the process ensures it has the potential of densifying powders with nanosize or nanostructure while avoiding coarsening which accompanies standard densification routes. This has made SPS a good method for preparation of ceramics based on nanoparticles with enhanced physical properties.
MSE Supplies LLC is the designated distributor of Dr. Fritsch Sintering Presses in the United States.
All customer services are provided by MSE Supplies and all spare parts and accessories are shipped from the USA, which keeps the cost low and delivery fast for the customers of Dr. Fritsch FAST / SPS / DCS presses and furnaces.