MSE PRO Sodium Manganese Oxide (Na0.44MnO2) Powder for Sodium Ion Battery Cathode, 50g
MSE PRO™ Sodium Manganese Oxide (Na0.44MnO2) Powder for Sodium Ion Battery Cathode
Sodium-ion batteries (SIBs) have been recognized as one of the most potential technologies for low-cost rechargeable batteries due to the abundant resource of sodium from ocean or iron sand. SIBs possess a similar cell configuration and working mechanism for energy storage with lithium-ion batteries (LIBs). However, Sodium ion (Na+) intercalation and storage, owing to larger ionic radius of 1.02 Å and heavier weight of 22.99 g.mol−1 compared with Li+ (0.76 Å & 6.94 g.mol−1), are more challenging than Li-ion batteries.
Layered sodium transition metal oxides (NaxTMO2), similar to LiTMO2, are of interest for SIBs due to their high specific capacity and varied redox-active elements. Sodium manganese oxide (Na0.44MnO2) is particularly attractive because of its unique large tunnels suitable for sodium insertion/extraction with Mn4+/Mn3+ redox couple. The Na0.44MnO2 powder can be used for SIB cathode research as suggested recipe:
- Working electrode: mixed Active Material/super P carbon/PVDF binder (80/10/10 in weight) thoroughly using a NMP solvent, dried at 80~100 °C under vacuum for 10 h.
- Electrolyte: 1 M NaClO4 in ethylene carbonate (EC)/dimethyl carbonate(DMC)/diethyl carbonate (DEC) (1/1/1 in volume).
- Voltage window: 1.5–3.9 V for sodium metal as counter electrode and 1.8–2.8 V for carbon as counter electrode.
More SIB cathode materials such as Sodium Manganese Phosphate (NaMnPO4) and Sodium Iron Phosphate (NaFePO4) are also available from MSE Supplies LLC, please contact us.
Product Number (SKU): PO0222
Package Size: 50g/bottle
- Chemical Name: Sodium Manganese Oxide
- Appearance: Black powder
- Molecular Formula: Na0.44MnO2, Na4Mn9O18 (NMO)
- Particle Size: 3 µm
- Purity: ≥ 99.9%
- Other Impurity Content (Max. ppm)
We Also Recommend
Ampcera Lithium Niobium Oxide, LiNbO3 (1.5 wt%) coated Single Crystal NMC 622 Cathode Powder, 10g