MSE PRO 0.25" (6.35 mm) Diameter Split Type Dry Pellet Pressing Die Set
0.25" (6.35 mm) Diameter Split Type Dry Pellet Pressing Die Set
This unique split design dry pellet pressing die set has the following benefits:
- It makes sample releasing from the mould easy
- It minimizes the risk of breaking the pellet during the demoulding process
- It is ideal for pressing ultra fine powders or sticky materials
The 0.25" diameter dry pellet pressing die set uses pressure to compress powder into 0.25" pellets. The die is made from high quality, high hardness carbon steel, which ensures a successful compression of both ceramic and metal powders into pellet form. A common use of split type pellet pressing die sets is to create pellets of minerals, ceramics, metals or pharmaceutical powders.
In order to grind the desired materials into the correct granularity of powder (from millimeters to microns), we recommend using either our powder processing ball milling products & accessories or our agate mortar & pestle sets.
To avoid rust, store the pressing die set in a dry environment and clean after each use. If you do not intend to use for an extended period of time, it is recommended to apply some oil on the pressing die surfaces to avoid the formation of rust. MSE Supplies is not responsible for rust or damage caused by improper use. Please inspect the pressing die upon arrival. Pressing dies are considered consumables, the warranty only covers manufacturing defects.
- Product #: PR0130
- Core Diameter (ID): 0.25" (6.35 mm)
- Core Depth: 30 mm
- Pressing Force: maximum 2 metric Ton
- Pressing Pressure: Less than 800 MPa (116 kPSI) is recommended, maximum 1200 MPa (174 kPSI)
- Rockwell Hardness: Rc 68-70
- Material: Hardened alloy steel, AISI D2 tool steel, equivalent to JIS SKD11 steel or GB Cr12MoV steel or DIN.EN 1.2379 steel
Pressing Die Set Pressing Force and Pressure Conversion
We Also Recommend
MSE PRO 4 Inch Single Wafer Carrier Case (Pack of 10), Polypropylene, Cleanroom Class 100 Grade