Moorfield nanoPVD-ST15A (Benchtop Thermal Evaporation & Magnetron Sputtering System)
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
MSE Supplies offers nanoPVD-ST15A from Moorfield. It has been purpose-designed to accommodate both vacuum evaporation and magnetron sputtering sources within the a single process chamber. Available source types include low-temperature evaporation (LTE) source, standard resistive evaporation source, and magnetron sputtering (2″ targets) for deposition of organics, dielectrics, and metals, respectively.
Each process chamber can hold up to 3 sources of up to 2 types. A full range of power supplies are available allowing for deposition of multiple film types — metals, insulators, dielectrics and organics — using the same system and even within the same process run.
As with all nanoPVD tools, chamber access is via a hinged lid, which opens to reveal a stage suitable for holding substrates up to 4″/100 mm diameter. The chamber is tall, allowing for high-uniformity coating via fitted techniques.
The units are easy to control via a touchscreen HMI interface, simple to maintain, have low running costs and come with a comprehensive range of safety features.
With a turbomolecular pumping system, high-vacuum base pressures, straightforward automated control via a touchscreen HMI and a range of options for flexible configuration, the nanoPVD-ST15A combines the proven ease-of-use and high-end performance with ultimate applications flexibility.
Country of Origin: Made in UK
Manufacturer: Moorfield Nanotechnology
- Benchtop configuration
- Magnetron sputtering, thermal evaporation, and low-temperature evaporation
- Deposition of metals, organics, and dielectrics
- Flexible source arrangement
- Up to 3 MFC-controlled process gases
- Automatic pressure control option
- Fully automatic operation via touchscreen HMI
- Up to 4” diameter substrate
- Sample heating option
- Base pressures <5 × 10-7mbar
- Define/save multiple process recipes
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features
- Cleanroom compatible
- Proven performance
Options: The standard configuration for the nanoPVD-ST15A includes the base system. To obtain a working tool, it is necessary to select at least one source of any type (maximum of 3 sources of up to two types) and at least one power supply (maximum of two including mixed types). Beyond sources and power supplies, a variety of options below allow the unit to be configured per specific budgets and applications.
- Dry backing pump
- Fast chamber vent
- Chamber SafeSeal
- Substrate rotation
- Substrate Z-shift
- Source and/or substrate shutters
- 500°C substrate heating
- SputterSwitch technology
- Up to 3 MFCs
- High-resolution automatic pressure control
- Quartz crystal sensor heads
System Requirements (standard configuration):
- Process gases: 25 psi supplies, 99.99% purity or better
- Service gas: Dry compressed air, nitrogen or argon
- 60–80 psi supply
- Power: Single-phase 230V, 50Hz, 10A
- Chilled water: 18–20°C, 1 L/min, pressure < 2 bar
- Exhaust extraction
Sputtering and metals evaporation: 1 magnetron with RF power supply (metals and/or dielectrics) and SputterSwitch module for shared output, 2 thermal evaporation sources (metals) with single power supply and switch for shared output. Automatic pressure control (Ar and O2 process gases), 500 °C substrate heating and quartz crystal sensor head for rate/thickness monitoring.
Sputtering and organics evaporation: 2 magnetrons with DC power supply (metals) and SputterSwitch module for shared output, 1 low-temperature evaporation source (organics) with power supply. Ar process gas, Z-shift and bi-shutter for best 4″ substrate geometries, quartz crystal sensor head for rate/thickness monitoring.
For accessories and consumables, please contact us so we can help you choose appropriate products for your needs.
1. Columnar liquid crystals as stability enhancing hole transport layers for Ruddlesden–Popper perovskite optoelectronics. Molecular Systems Design & Engineering (2022).
2. Quantum tunneling induced optical rectification and plasmon-enhanced photocurrent in nanocavity molecular junctions. ACS nano 15, no. 9 (2021): 14535-14543.
3. Mid-infrared-perturbed molecular vibrational signatures in plasmonic nanocavities. Light: Science & Applications 11, no. 1 (2022): 1-9.
About Moorfield: Moorfield was incorporated in 1995. Moorfield are a team of scientists and engineers specializing in the design, manufacture, supply, and support of vacuum deposition (PVD and CVD), etching and annealing systems. The systems manufactured by Moorfield are applied for research, product development and batch production. Applications include semiconductors, photovoltaics, superconductors, sensors, optics, graphene and 2D materials. Academic and industrial markets are served worldwide, both direct and through a network of authorized, trained representatives.
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor for Moorfield Nanotechnology in the USA.
We Also Recommend