Moorfield nanoPVD-S10A (Benchtop RF/DC Magnetron Sputtering System)
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
MSE Supplies offers nanoPVD-S10A from Moorfield. It is a magnetron sputtering system compact enough to be located benchtop, but that can be fitted with DC and/or RF power supplies for deposition of metals or insulating materials such as oxides or nitrides. Magnetrons (up to 3 can be fitted) are water-cooled, allowing for high powers and sustained operation, and sized for accepting industry-standard targets. Units have turbomolecular pumping systems for low-contamination operation. Co-deposition is possible, as is reactive sputtering via the gas/pressure control module that can support up to 3 process gases. Chamber access is via a hinged lid, which opens to reveal a stage suitable for holding substrates up to 4″ diameter.
Country of Origin: Made in UK
Manufacturer: Moorfield Nanotechnology
- Benchtop configuration
- Water-cooled magnetron sputtering sources for industry-standard 2″ targets
- MFC-controlled process gases
- DC and/or RF power supplies
- Fully automatic operation via touchscreen HMI
- Define/save multiple process recipes
- Up to 4” diameter substrates
- Base pressures < 5 × 10-7 mbar
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features
- Cleanroom compatible
- Proven performance
Options: The standard configuration for the nanoPVD-S10A includes one magnetron sputtering source, one MFC for Argon (Ar), standard pressure control (no feedback loop or capacitance manometer) and a single shutter for substrates up to 2” diameter. Customers must select either the RF or the DC power supply to form the most basic working unit. Beyond this, a variety of options below allow the tool to be configured per specific budgets and applications.
- Dry backing pump
- Fast chamber vent
- Automatic high-resolution pressure control
- Additional process gases
- 500 °C substrate heating stage
- Substrate rotation, Z-shift and shutters
- Up to 3 magnetron sputtering sources
- RF and/or DC power supplies
- SputterSwitch power supply/source switching technology
- Quartz crystal sensor head
System requirements (standard configuration):
- Process gases: 25 psi supplies, 99.99% purity or better
- Service gas: Dry compressed air, nitrogen or argon. 60–80 psi supply
- Power: Single-phase 230 V, 50 Hz, 10 A
- Coolant: 18–20 °C, 1 L/min, pressure < 2 bar
- Exhaust extraction
Metals deposition: 2 magnetrons with DC power supply and SputterSwitch module for shared output, substrate Z-shift and bi-shutter for best 4″ substrate geometries, quartz crystal sensor head for rate/thickness calibration.
TCO/dielectrics sputtering: 2 magnetrons with RF power supply and SputterSwitch module for shared output, substrate heating and additional oxygen process gas line for enhanced film properties, substrate Z-shift and bi-shutter. Quartz crystal sensor head.
Reactive/co-deposition: 3 magnetrons with RF and DC power supplies and SputterSwitch module for fully-flexible power supply/source routing. 3 process gases (argon, oxygen and nitrogen) for reactive deposition of oxides and nitrides.
For accessories and consumables, please contact us so we can help you choose appropriate products for your needs.
About Moorfield: Moorfield was incorporated in 1995. Moorfield are a team of scientists and engineers specializing in the design, manufacture, supply, and support of vacuum deposition (PVD and CVD), etching and annealing systems. The systems manufactured by Moorfield are applied for research, product development and batch production. Applications include semiconductors, photovoltaics, superconductors, sensors, optics, graphene and 2D materials. Academic and industrial markets are served worldwide, both direct and through a network of authorized, trained representatives.
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor for Moorfield Nanotechnology in the USA.
We Also Recommend