MSE PRO Zirconium Diboride (ZrB2) Powder, 99.5% Purity, -325 Mesh
MSE PRO™ Zirconium Diboride (ZrB2) Powder, 99.5% Purity, -325 Mesh
- CAS Number: 12045-64-6
- Product Number (SKU#): PO1240 (1kg), PO1241 (25kg)
- Formula: ZrB2
- Appearance: Dark gray powder
- Melting Point: 3040°C
- Density: 6.085g/cm3
- Chemical Composition: B (19.10%); Zr (78.9%); Hf (1.5%)
Zirconium diboride (ZrB2) is a Ultra-high-temperature ceramic (UHTC) with a melting temperature of 3040°C. Due to its high melting point and elastic modulus, good hardness and abrasion, it has been used in a variant of technological applications, such as furnace equipment, aerospace refractory and thermal protection layers. Further, it has been utilized in nuclear applications because of Boron element.
1. "Synthesis and consolidation of zirconium diboride." Advances in Applied Ceramics 110.6 (2011): 321-334.
2. "Strength of zirconium diboride to 2300°C." Journal of the American Ceramic Society 96.1 (2013): 47-50.
We Also Recommend
MSE PRO 4 Inch Single Wafer Carrier Case (Pack of 10), Polypropylene, Cleanroom Class 100 Grade