MSE PRO LISICON LAGP Solid State Electrolyte Membrane for Advanced Lithium Batteries
MSE PRO™ LISICON (Lithium-ion Superionic Conductor) membrane materials are used as solid state electrolytes or separators in advanced lithium batteries and other electrochemical devices.
The unique properties of MSE PRO™ LISICON membrane solid state electrolyte materials make them ideal choices for all solid state lithium batteries, advanced Lithium-Sulfur, Lithium-Air, Lithium-Water batteries, etc.
- Size (Length x Width): 20 mm x 20 mm, 40 mm x 40 mm, 60 mm x 60 mm (other sizes are available for special orders)
- Size (Diameter): 1/2 inch (12.7 mm), 16 mm, 19 mm (on sale), 1 inch (25.4 mm) , 3 inch (76 mm) (other sizes are available for special orders)
- Thickness: ~300 um
- Lithium ion conductivity: up to 5 x 10-4 S/cm at room temperature and stable in air. This conductivity performance is better than the Lithium-Ion Conducting Glass-Ceramics (LICGC) products manufactured by Ohara Corporation, which only reported lithium ion conductivity of up to 4x10-4 S/cm at room temperature.
- Relative Density: >95%
- Theoretical Density: 3.42 g/cm3
- Flexural strength: ~180 MPa
- Chemical stability: Unstable in strong acid or base. Stable in organic solvent.
- Main crystalline phase: Li5Al0.5Ge1.5P3O12(LAGP) or Li1.5Al0.5Ge1.5(PO4)3 (LAGP), Lithium aluminum germanium phosphate. Small amount of proprietary dopants are present.
- LAGP is superior to LATP because of the better electrochemical stability of the LAGP.
- Primary crystal structure: NASICON type crystals
- Applications: Lithium air battery, Lithium sulfur battery, solid state batteries, and other electrochemical devices.
- * All solid state electrolyte materials sold by MSE Supplies are under the trademark of Ampcera.
- Powder processing equipment: GLOVE BOX HIGH ENERGY VERTICAL PLANETARY BALL MILL FOR BATTERY MATERIALS PROCESSING
Li-O2 and Li-S batteries with high energy storage Peter G Bruce, Stefan A Freunberger, Laurence J Hardwick, Jean-Marie Tarascon Nat Mater 2012 Jan 15;11(1):19-29.
- Recent advances in all-solid-state rechargeable lithium batteries C Sun, J Liu, Y Gong, DP Wilkinson, J Zhang - Nano Energy, 2017 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2017.01.028
- Elaboration and characterization of a free standing LiSICON membrane for aqueous lithiumair battery Laurent Puech, Christophe Cantau, Philippe Vinatier, Gwenaëlle Toussaint, Philippe Stevens
- Membranes in Lithium Ion Batteries Min Yang and Junbo Hou
- Li-ion transport in all-solid-state lithium batteries with LiCoO2using NASICON-type glass ceramic electrolytes. Power Sources. 2009;189:365370. doi: 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2008.08.015. Xie J., Imanishi N., Zhang T., Hirano A., Takeda Y., Yamamoto O.
We Also Recommend
MSE PRO 4 Inch Single Wafer Carrier Case (Pack of 10), Polypropylene, Cleanroom Class 100 Grade