Moorfield MiniLab 060 (Modular PVD System)
To better serve you, we would like to discuss your specific requirement, Please Contact Us for a quote.
MSE Supplies offers MiniLab 060 (Modular PVD System) from Moorfield. This is the most popular product among the MiniLab series. The MiniLab 060 standard configuration includes a turbomolecular pump positioned on an ISO160 port at the rear of the vacuum chamber. The vacuum chamber sits on a double-rack frame that contains all system control electronics and power supplies. MiniLab 060 systems are available with load-locks—please call for details.
Tools can be equipped with a wide variety of deposition techniques, including thermal and low-temperature evaporation sources (for metals and organics), magnetron sputtering cathodes (for metals and inorganics), and electron-beam sources (for most material classes except organics). Deposition sources are typically mounted on the chamber baseplate, but sputter-down configurations are also available.
Substrate stages, usually at the top of the chamber, can accommodate substrate sizes up to 11” diameter. Substrate heating, rotation, bias and Z-shift are available, together with planetary stages and source and substrate shutters. Configurations range from a manually operated thermal evaporation system up to a multi-technique tool with fully-automated process control.
Country of Origin: Made in UK
Manufacturer: Moorfield Nanotechnology
- Modular design
- Front-loading box-type vacuum chamber
- Turbomolecular and cryo pumping systems
- Base pressure <5 × 10-7 mbar
- Metals, dielectrics and organics deposition
- Up to 11” diameter substrates
- Touchscreen HMI/PC for system control
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features and interlocks
- Cleanroom compatible
- Load-locks available
- Pumping: Turbomolecular or cryogenic high-vacuum pumps, rotary or scroll backing pumps.
- Gas/pressure: Manual or automatic control via MFCs and throttle valves.
- Load-locks: Single- and multiple-sample.
- Stages: Rotation, heating, cooling, Z-shift, bias and planetary.
- Shutters: Source and substrate, pneumatic or motorized
- Operation: Manual or automatic via front panels, touchscreen HMI or PC.
- Process: Quartz crystal sensor heads for rate/thickness monitoring or feedback-loop control.
Thermal evaporation (metals): Four-source TE4 thermal evaporation component with source shutters and rotation stage. High power TEC-4A power supply and controller with recipe-based automated control. Quartz crystal sensor head with PC software for rate/thickness monitoring.
Thermal evaporation (metals and organics): Two TE1 thermal evaporation sources for metals and two LTE-1CC components for organics. Source shutters and rotation stage. Evaporation power supplies linked to quartz crystal sensor head and Inficon SQC-310 process controller for automated process control per user-defined rates/thicknesses.
E-beam evaporation: Multi-pocket (e.g., 6 × 7 cc or 8 × 4 cc) water-cooled e-beam source with 5 kW power supply/controller and automated pocket selection. Source and substrate shutters, and rotation. Quartz crystal sensor heads with Inficon SQC-310 process controller for automated process control per user-defined rates/thicknesses.
Magnetron sputtering: Up to four water-cooled magnetron sources for 3″ circular targets. RF and DC power supplies with SputterSwitch technology for shared outputs. Source shutters and substrate rotation. Recipe-based power vs. time process control.
For accessories and consumables, please contact us so we can help you choose appropriate products for your needs.
2. Highly sensitive, ultra-low dark current, self-powered solar-blind ultraviolet photodetector based on ZnO thin-film with an engineered rear metallic layer. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing 110 (2020): 104957.
About Moorfield: Moorfield was incorporated in 1995. Moorfield are a team of scientists and engineers specializing in the design, manufacture, supply, and support of vacuum deposition (PVD and CVD), etching and annealing systems. The systems manufactured by Moorfield are applied for research, product development and batch production. Applications include semiconductors, photovoltaics, superconductors, sensors, optics, graphene and 2D materials. Academic and industrial markets are served worldwide, both direct and through a network of authorized, trained representatives.
MSE Supplies is an authorized distributor for Moorfield Nanotechnology in the USA.