LLZO has attracted significant attention due to its potential as a suitable solid-state electrolyte for lithium metal batteries. It has high Li-ion conductivity and is stable against metallic lithium. Moreover, LLZO powder can be handled and processed in air, which is one of its attractive features.
The general chemical formula of garnet structure is A3B2(XO4)3, where A = La and X = Zr, Nb, Ta and B = Al, Ga, Ge, Fe. LLZO is one of the popular garnet types of inorganic solid electrolyte due to its high room temperature Li-ion conductivity. LLZO doped with Ta, Al, Ga, Nb or Te can further improve the ionic conductivity.
MSE Supplies offers LLZO powders with various doping such as Ta-doped, Al doped, and Nb-doped LLZO. Many published papers have used MSE Supplies LLZO for various research. For example:
- Lithium-Metal Growth Kinetics on LLZO Garnet-Type Solid Electrolytes, Joule, 2019
- Dense inorganic electrolyte particles as a lever to promote composite electrolyte conductivity, Nature Materials, 2022
- Oriented porous LLZO 3D structures obtained by freeze casting for battery applications, Mater. Chem. A, 2019
- Single-ion polymer/LLZO hybrid electrolytes with high lithium conductivity, Adv., 2022
- Garnet to hydrogarnet: effect of post synthesis treatment on cation substituted LLZO solid electrolyte and its effect on Li ion conductivity, RSC Adv., 2021, 11, 30283-30294
- A Morphologically Stable Li/Electrolyte Interface for All-Solid-State Batteries Enabled by 3D-Micropatterned Garnet, Advanced materials, 2021