DE-FOA-0001396: REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ON ION CONDUCTORS FOR ELECTROCHEMICAL CELLS
ARPA-E seeks input from researchers and technologists from a broad range of fields on how to achieve transformational gains in the ability to selectively conduct ions in electrochemical cells with significant impacts on ARPA-E mission areas. ARPA-E is particularly interested in ideas that will realize the full set of attributes required by a practical electrochemical device. In addition to ion (and optionally electron) selectivity, such attributes typically include suitable ionic and electronic conductivity, chemical and thermal stability, mechanical properties, cost-effective manufacturing and device integration, and others required by a particular application (e.g., density and thickness are of particular importance for mobile applications). ARPA-E seeks innovations that are deeply informed by the inextricable links among materials, fabrication, and the device or process context. The information you provide may be used by ARPA-E in support of program planning.
Comments in response to this RFI should be submitted in PDF format to the email address, ARPA-E-RFI-Ion-Conductors@hq.doe.gov by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on September 18, 2015. ARPA-E will not review or consider comments submitted by other means.
Emails should conform to the following guidelines:
- Please insert “Responses for RFI for FOA DE-FOA-0001396” in the subject line of your email, and include your name, organization, email address, and telephone number in the body of your email.
- Respondents are requested to include the following information as part of the response to this RFI:
- Company/Institution name;
- Individual contact name and title;
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Type of company/institution (e.g.. university, non-governmental organization, small business, large business, federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), government-owned/government-operated (GOGO));and
- Area of expertise.
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THIS NOTICE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT (FOA). NO FOA EXISTS AT THIS TIME.
Please submit your comments in PDF format to the email address above by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on September 18, 2015. ARPA-E will not review or consider comments submitted by other means.