Tellurium (Te) Metal, 99.999% (5N) High Purity, custom manufacturing is available upon request
Due to price variation based on the quantity and purity, please Contact Us for a quote.We sell in grams, kilograms and tons.
CAS Number: 13494-80-9
Product Number: CC-520001-5N
Product Purity: 99.999% (5N) (trace metal basis) ultra-high purity grade
Custom manufacturing is available upon request.
- Tellurium compounds are used as pigments for ceramics.
- Selenides and tellurides greatly increase the optical refraction of glass widely used in glass optical fibers for telecommunications.
- Mixtures of selenium and tellurium are used with barium peroxide as an oxidizer in the delay powder of electric blasting caps.
- Organic tellurides have been employed as initiators for living radical polymerization and electron-rich mono- and di-tellurides possess antioxidant activity.
- Rubber can be vulcanized with tellurium instead of sulfur or selenium. The rubber produced in this way shows improved heat resistance.
- Tellurite agar is used to identify members of the corynebacterium genus, most typically Corynebacterium diphtheriae, the pathogen responsible for diphtheria.
- Tellurium is a key constituent of high performing mixed oxide catalysts for the heterogeneous catalytic selective oxidation of propane to acrylic acid. The surface elemental composition changes dynamically and reversibly with the reaction conditions. In the presence of steam the surface of the catalyst is enriched in tellurium and vanadium which translates into the enhancement of the acrylic acid production.
- Neutron bombardment of tellurium is the most common way to produce iodine-131. This in turn is used to treat some thyroid conditions, and as a tracer compound in hydraulic fracturing, among other applications.
We Also Recommend