5x7.5 cm MetaPurex Film on Glass Slide
A Description of Nanopec's 5x7.5 cm MetaPurex Ceramic Nano-porous Film:
MetaPurexTM nano-porous aluminum oxide is a highly ordered (hexagonal closed-pack), through straight pore, ceramic thin film produced by Nanopec's proprietary process. Similarly priced commercial aluminum oxide films, such as GE Whatman films, lack the degree of order and narrow pore shape achieved through Nanopec low temperature process. In addition to achieving this level of order Nanopec production does not use toxic chemicals, such as ethylene glycol or Chromium VI (Cr+6) throughout its production, which guarantees safety in biotech applications.
Features of Nanopec's MetaPurex 5x7.5 cm MetaPurex Ceramic Nano-porous Film
Type: ceramic nano-porous film on glass microscope slide
Film Thickness: 50 μm thick
Material: transparent Ceramic
Order: hexagonal close pack
Pore size: 60 nm; inter-pore distance 40 nm
Order: this product has a 3-5-week order lead time
Applications of MetaPurex Ceramic Nano-Porous Film
- Ultra-filtration: capable of eliminating all bacteria, including mycoplasma and most common viruses above 60 nm in diameter.
- Tissue Engineering: in cell-culture the optimized nano-pores in MetaPurexTM serve as anchoring points for human cell philopodia, promoting adhesion and faster differentiation. Up to 30% faster differentiation and growth has been observed.
- Nano-template fabrication: a perfect mold for fabricating nano-wires, nano-rods, nanotubes. From gold to carbon to silicon.
- Photonics: Information processing in photonics is currently handled by artificial structures known as photonic crystals.
- Nano-containers are containers that can hold material volumes (solid, liquids, gels) on the order of a few nano-liters.
- Fuel cells: the nano-pores in MetaPurexTM can easily be filled with Nafion. Given the size of the pores (50-60 nm)
We Also Recommend