2 inch Undoped N-Type GaN 20 um Gallium Nitride Template on Sapphire (0001)
2 inch high quality GaN Templates on Sapphire (0001), N-type (undoped), GaN 20 microns
Product SKU#: WA0206
- Conductivity type: N-Type (undoped)
- Dimension: 50.8 mm +/- 0.1 mm (2 inch diameter)
- GaN Thickness: 20 +/- 2 um
- Usable Area: >90%
- Orientation of GaN: C plane (0001) off angle toward A-axis 0.2 ± 0.1
- Orientation Flat of GaN: (1-100) +/- 0.2 deg, length 16.0 +/- 1.0 mm
- Carrier Concentration: < 5x1017 cm-3
- Resistivity (at 300K): < 0.5 Ω·cm
- Mobility: ~ 300 cm2/V·s
- Dislocation Density: < 5x108 cm-2
- Polishing: single side polished (SSP), double side polish (DSP) is available per request at additional cost.
- Surface Roughness Ra: < 0.5 nm, epi-ready
- Sapphire substrate thickness: 430 +/- 25 um
- Orientation of sapphire substrate: C plane (0001) off angle toward M-axis 0.2 ± 0.1
- Orientation Flat of sapphire: (11-20) 0 ± 0.2 deg, length 16.0 +/- 1.0 mm
- Package: packaged in a clean room environment, in cassettes or single wafer containers.
In this paper, we report the theoretical and experimental results of cathodoluminescence (CL) from GaN layers grown at 800°C by metal organic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE) on silicon substrate. The CL spectra recorded at room temperature reveal the near band-edge emission at 3.35-3.42 eV and a broad yellow luminescence at 2.2 eV. The CL depth analysis at constant power excitation shows inhomogeneous CL distribution in depth of these emissions as the electron beam increases from 3 to 25 keV. There appears a blue shift of the CL band-edge peaks with increasing sample depth. This behavior is explained by a change of the fundamental band gap due to residual strain and the local temperature rise under high electron beam excitation. The simulation of the CL excitation and intensity is developed using a consistent two-dimensional (2-D) model based on the electron beam energy dissipation and taking into account the effects of carrier diffusion, internal absorption and the recombination processes in GaN. The influence of electron beam local heating and respective strain effects on the CL signal are also discussed. A comparative study between experimental and simulated CL spectra at room temperature was performed.
We Also Recommend
1 inch Ammonothermal High Electron Concentration N-type Free-Standing Gallium Nitride (GaN) Substrate
1 inch Ammonothermal High Transparency N-type Free-Standing Gallium Nitride (GaN) Substrate