YVO4 Undoped Yttrium Orthovanadate Crystal
Undoped YVO4 is an excellent newly developed birefringence optical crystal.
- It has very good transmission in a wide wavelength range from visible to infrared.
- It has high refractive index and birefringence difference.
- Compared with other important birefringence crystals, YVO4 has higher. hardness, better fabrication property, and water insolubility than calcite (CaCO3 single crystal).
- Easier to make large, high quality crystal at lower cost than Rutile (TiO2 single crystal).
Those outstanding properties make YVO4 very important birefringence optical material and widely used in opto-electronic research, development and industry. For example, the optical communication system needs a large quantity devices of undoped YVO4, such as fiber optical isolators, circulators, beam displacers, Glan polarizers and other polarizing devices.
YVO4 crystal properties
Crystal structure: Tetragonal
Crystal orientation: (001), (100), (110), (101)
Density: 4.24 g/cm3
Melting point: 1810 – 1940 deg C
Mohs hardness: glass-like, ~5
Knoop hardness: 480 kg/mm2
Thermal expansion coefficient:
- along a axis = 4.43×10^−6 /K
- along c axis = 11.37×10^−6 /K
Thermal conductivity coefficient:
- parallel to c-axis: 5.23 W/m.K
- perpendicular to c-axis: 5.10 W/m.K
Refractive indices, birefringence ( Δn = ne - no) and walk-off angle at 45° (ρ):
- at 0.63 µm:
- ne = 2.2154
- no = 1.9929
- Δn = 0.2225
- ρ = 6.04
- at 1.30 µm:
- ne = 2.1554
- no = 1.9500
- Δn = 0.2054
- ρ= 5.72
- at 1.55 µm:
- ne = 2.1486
- no = 1.9447
- Δn = 0.2039
- ρ = 5.69
Sellmeier equation (λ in µm):
ne2=4.59905 + 0.110534/(λ2 − 0.04813) − 0.012267612 λ2
no2=3.77834 + 0.069736/(λ2 − 0.04724) − 0.0108133 λ2
Sizes available: 10 mm x 10 mm x 0.5 mm
customized sizes and orientations are available upon request
Surface roughness (Ra): <= 0.5nm
Surface Polishing: Single or double side polished
We Also Recommend
1 Cassette (qty. 25) of 100 mm N Type (P-doped) Prime Grade Silicon Wafer <100>, SSP, 1-10 ohm-cm
1 Cassette (qty. 25) of 100 mm P Type (B-doped) Prime Grade Silicon Wafer <100>, SSP, 10-20 ohm-cm