1.0" (25 mm) Diameter Dry Pellet Pressing Die Set
1.0" (25mm) Diameter Dry Pellet Pressing Die Set
The 1.0" diameter dry pellet pressing die set uses pressure to compress powder into 1.0" pellets. The die is made from high quality, high hardness carbon steel, which ensures a successful compression of both ceramic and metal powders into pellet form. A common use of pellet pressing die sets is to create pellets of potassium bromide (KBr) for use in infrared spectroscopy. Additional uses for laboratory pellets can be found in the minerals, ceramic, or pharmaceutical industries.
In order to grind the desired materials into the correct granularity of powder (from millimeters to microns), we recommend using either our powder processing ball milling products & accessories or our agate mortal & pestle sets.
- Product #: PR0104
- Core Diameter (ID): 25 mm
- Core Depth: 40 mm
- Pressing Force: maximum 39 metric Ton
- Pressing Pressure: Less than 800 MPa (116 kPSI) is recommended, maximum 1200 MPa (174 kPSI)
- Rockwell Hardness: Rc >60
- Material: Hardened alloy steel, AISI D2 tool steel, equivalent to JIS SKD11 steel or GB Cr12MoV steel or DIN.EN 1.2379 steel