0.1 mm Yttria Stabilized Zirconia YSZ Micro Milling Media
Description for Yttrium Stabilized Zirconium Oxide Grinding / Milling Media Beads for Micro Milling. Size: 0.1 mm
Composition: 3 mol% YSZ
Product Number: MSE-MM-YSZ-0.1
This product has been popularly used in bio-technology, DNA & RNA extraction and isolation.
For zirconia milling media with larger than 2mm diameter YSZ balls, visit the zirconia milling media product webpage.
- Content: 94.6 wt%, Zirconium dioxide ZrO2 + Hafnium dioxide HfO2 5.2 wt% Yttrium oxide Y2O3
- Specific Density: 6.0 ± 0.05 g/cm^3
- Hardness: 1250 HV
- Breaking load: 1500 N
Features for 0.1 mm Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Micro Milling Media
- High purity: made of high grade yttria stabilized zirconia precursors in the nano-meter range, which is also chemically co-precipitated.
- High density media ideal for high energy mills, maximizing throughput and productivity.
- High fracture toughness and high wear resistance minimize the contamination of beads during high speed milling.
- 15% superior to Ceria Stabilized Zirconia medias in wear rate through many tests.
Applications for 0.1 mm Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Micro Milling Media
- Coating, paints, printing and inkjet inks
- Pigments and dyes
- Electronic materials and components e.g. CMP slurry, ceramic capacitors, lithium iron phosphate battery
- Chemicals including Agrochemicals e.g. fungicides, insecticides
- Minerals e.g. TiO2 GCC and Zircon
- Bio-tech (DNA & RNA isolation)
We Also Recommend