Ampcera™ Solid Electrolyte, Lithium Phosphate (Li3PO4) LiPON Sputtering Targets
Product InformationSolid electrolytes open doors to solid-state batteries
Ampcera™ Solid Electrolyte, Lithium Phosphate (Li3PO4) Sputtering Targets for LiPON Thin Film solid electrolyte in solid state batteries
Composition: Li3PO4, Lithium Phosphate
Molecular Weight: 115.79
CAS Number: 10377-52-3
Sputtering Target dimensions: diameter range (1", 2", 3", 4"), 1/8" thickness (other customized sizes are available upon request)
Copper backing plate dimensions: 2mm thickness oxygen free copper backing plate
Bonding: Indium bonding
Product Form: Hot pressed sputtering target bonded to copper backing plate
Each sputtering target includes a set of the following components: hot pressed Lithium Phosphate (Li3PO4) Sputtering Target + 2mm thickness oxygen free copper backing plate + Indium bonding
Packaging: vacuum sealed.
Applications: Lithium phosphorus oxynitride solid electrolyte, known as Lipon, is a thin film solid electrolyte material that can be deposited by sputtering. LiPON is an amorphous glassy material used as an electrolyte material in thin film lithium batteries. Layers of LiPON are deposited over the cathode material at ambient temperatures by RF magnetron sputtering. This forms the solid electrolyte used for ion conduction between anode and cathode in a lithium ion battery cell. Nancy Dudney from Oak Ridge National Lab reported the addition of a thin-film inorganic solid electrolyte (Lipon) as a protective film in lithium batteries with a liquid electrolyte in her highly cited paper published in the Journal of Power Sources in year 2000.
* All solid state electrolyte materials sold by MSE Supplies are under the trademark of Ampcera™.
- Nancy J. Dudney, Addition of a thin-film inorganic solid electrolyte (Lipon) as a protective film in lithium batteries with a liquid electrolyte, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 89, Issue 2, August 2000, Pages 176-179
- Jeffrey W. Fergus, Ceramic and polymeric solid electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 195, Issue 15, 1 August 2010, Pages 4554–4569; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2010.01.076
Y. Hamon, A. Douard, F.Sabary, C. Marcel, P. Vinatier, B. Pecquenard, A. Levasseur, Influence of sputtering conditions on ionic conductivity of LiPON thin films, Solid State Ionics, Volume 177, Issues 3–4, 31 January 2006, Pages 257-261
- C.S.Nimisha. Yellareswar Rao, G.Venkatesh, G. MohanRao, N. Munichandraiah, Sputter deposited LiPON thin films from powder target as electrolyte for thin film battery applications, Thin Solid Films, Volume 519, Issue 10, 1 March 2011, Pages 3401-3406
- Xiaohua Yu, J. B. Bates, G. E. Jellison Jr. and F. X. Hart, A Stable Thin‐Film Lithium Electrolyte: Lithium Phosphorus Oxynitride, doi: 10.1149/1.1837443
J. Electrochem. Soc. 1997 volume 144, issue 2, 524-532
We Also Recommend