1 in x 1 in Monolayer Graphene Film on Cu Foil with PMMA Coating
Monolayer Graphene Film on Cu with PMMA Coating (1 inch x 1 inch)
A single-layer graphene film on a copper substrate. This product is provided with a PMMA coating on top of the Graphene in order ease the transfer process and to avoid contamination. It's a high quality product, with a great homogeneity, and it is ideal for R&D departments and universities.
- Growth method: CVD synthesis
- Appearance (color): Transparent
- Transparency: > 97%
- Appearance (form): Film
- Coverage: > 97%
- Number of graphene layers: 1
- Thickness (theoretical): 0.345 nm
- FET Electron Mobility on Al2O3 passivated SiO2/Si: 6900 cm2 /Vs (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4972847)
- FET Electron Mobility on SiO2/Si: 3760 cm2/Vs/Vs DOI: https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.119.066802
- Sheet Resistance on SiO2/Si: 450 +/- 40 Ohms/sq (1cm x1cm)
- Grain size: Up to 20 µm
Substrate on Cu Foil
- Thickness: 18 µm
- Roughness: 80 nm
- Pretreated for easier bottom layer removal: Monolayer graphene on the back side of Copper is partially removed, but not completely, so an additional treatment like RIE is needed before transfer to eliminate the bottom layer totally.
- Spin coated for high homogeneity
- Molecular weight: 495k
- Thickness: <100 nm
- PMMA model: 495K, A2
Graphene research, Flexible batteries, Electronics, Aerospace industry, MEMS and NEMS, Microactuators, Conductive coatings
- Ultrathin rechargeable all-solid-state batteries based on monolayer graphene, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2013,1, 3177-3181 DOI:10.1039/C3TA01183F
- Fabrication and Electrochemical Characterization of Single and Multi-Layer Graphene Anodes for Lithium-Ion Batteries, J. electrochem. Soc. 2012, vol. 159, issue 6, A752 A761
- Large-Area Synthesis of High-Quality and Uniform Graphene Films on Copper Foils, Science 5 June 2009, Vol. 324 no. 5932, pp 1312-1314; doi: 10.1126/science.1171245
A: PMMA is used as a protective layer, and this layer can be removed using organic solvents (acetone and IPA) or with thermal treatment. Our standard process is to remove the PMMA with solvents. As an alternative a thermal treatment can be done. This thermal treatment leaves less amount of residues, but the Raman spectra is modified due to the strain created during the treatment. Although the electrical properties of the graphene remain intact thermal treatment is avoided for not modifying Raman signal.
A: Graphene is transferred via wet process. In order to etch the copper, the graphene is protected with a sacrificial polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) layer. A ferric chloride solution is used for etching. Once the etching is complete, the graphene is washed and transferred onto the desired substrate. Finally, the PMMA layer is removed using organic solvents.
A: The thickness is up to 200 nm but typically we use thinner PMMA
MSE Supplies guarantees the high quality and best price on the market for our graphene products. Buying graphene products from MSE Supplies will save you ~50% or more compared to prices listed by other re-sellers such as Sigma-Aldrich.