Features for 4 in N-type Si-doped GaN 4 um Gallium Nitride Template on Sapphire
Product No. WA0237
- Conductivity type: N-Type ( Si-doped)
- Dimension: 101.6 mm +/- 0.1 mm (4 inch diameter)
- GaN Thickness: 4 +/- 0.5 um
- Usable area: >90%
- Orientation: C plane (0001) +/- 0.5 deg
- Orientation Flat: (1-100) +/- 0.5 deg, 16.0 +/- 1.0 mm
- Secondary Orientation flat: (11-20) +/- 3 deg, 8.0 +/- 1.0 mm
- Total Thickness Variation: <15 um
- Resistivity (300K): < 0.05 Ohm-cm
- Dislocation Density: < 5x10^8 cm^-2
- Carrier concentration: > 1x10^18/cm^-3
- Substrate Structure: GaN/Sapphire (0001)
- Polishing: single side polished (SSP), double side polish is available per request.
- Package: packaged in a class 100 clean room environment, in cassettes of 25 pcs or single wafer containers, under nitrogen atmosphere.
1. Si- and Ge-Doped GaN Films Grown with GaN Buffer Layers
2. Band-gap renormalization and band filling in Si-doped GaN films studied by photoluminescence spectroscopy
3. The role of dislocation scattering in n-type GaN films
4. Activation energies of Si donors in GaN
The electronic properties of Si donors in heteroepitaxial layers of GaN were investigated. The n-type GaN layers were grown by metalorganic chemical vapor deposition and either intentionally doped with Si or unintentionally doped. The samples were evaluated by variable temperature Hall effect measurements and photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy. For both types of samples the n¨«type conductivity was found to be dominated by a donor with an activation energy between 12 and 17 meV. This donor is attributed to Si atoms substituting for Ga in the GaN lattice (SiGa). The range of activation energies is due to different levels of donor concentrations and acceptor compensation in our samples. The assignment of a PL signature to a donor acceptor pair recombination involving the Si donor level as the initial state of the radiative transition yields the position of the optical Si donor level in the GaN bandgap at uEc(22+/-4) meV. A deeper donor level is also present in our GaN material with an activation energy of 34 meV which is tentatively assigned to oxygen donors substituting for nitrogen (ON).