It is recommended that the jars for planetary ball mills be filled no more than 2/3 full. This includes the sample and the milling media (balls) and liquid solvent if it is for wet milling. It is also recommended that the user employ 3 different size balls in jars above 100 ml. This combination allows the packing efficiency of the media to reach about 75%, and thus leaving 25% “free” space within the level of the stacked balls. The balls themselves should not exceed 1/3 of the jar volume to allow for enough sample to be placed into the jar. All of this is the ideal situation of course.
To make your ball milling tasks more efficient we here at MSE Supplies have performed the calculations and weighed out the recommended amounts and sizes of milling media balls for the most commonly used planetary ball mill jars. All you need to do is to add the sample. We also supply milling media with different sizes in bulk if you would prefer to choose the milling media and load the jar by your own specifications.
MSE Supplies (msesupplies.com/) is a major supplier of planetary ball mills, planetary ball mill jars, and milling media. We offer a wide variety of materials for your ball milling needs, such as Alumina, grade 304 and 316 SS, Agate, Yttria Stabilized Zirconia (YSZ), and Tungsten Carbide. Please visit our online store to purchase your ball milling products through this link today.
If you would like to get custom media sizes or if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this post
- Tags: ball milling, Buy 304 SS Media Sets, Buy 316 SS Media Sets, Buy Agate Media Sets, Buy Alumina Media Sets, Buy Ball Mills, Buy Tungsten Carbide Media Sets, Buy YSZ Mill Media Sets